General Dynamics Information Technology Software Developers in Fort Dodge, Iowa
Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Job Family: Software Development
GDIT is seeking Senior Software Applications Developers at multiple levels to support a $100M+ US Navy program that provides full spectrum Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Combat Systems, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C5ISR) technical support to the warfighter in the Continental United States (CONUS), Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS), and in hazardous areas. These critical C5ISR solutions will support a broad range of Department of Defense (DoD) and non-DoD customers, including joint forces commands and disaster recovery/first responders.
In support of this program, GDIT will perform and provide computer systems engineering services to perform tasks in support of assigned Distance Learning (DL) related technologies and systems including Learning Management Systems (LMS) and Knowledge Management Systems (KMS) support.
Program tasking includes provisioning of infrastructure (hardware, software, and cloud services), infrastructure operational support, content development and training, software development, maintenance and enhancement, and some Help Desk support. The GDIT team will supply a full range of system capabilities to include all infrastructure and unique implementation elements. Additionally, the team will develop knowledge sharing strategies and techniques, and deploy various custom systems, that will support distance education and training content, and instructor led training, and producing professional training.
Duties of the Software Developer position may include:
Participate in software development activities using agile methodologies to develop and modify software for customer stakeholders
Research, design, and develop computer and network software or specialized utility programs.
Analyze user needs and develop software solutions, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
Update software or enhance existing software capabilities.
May work with computer hardware engineers to integrate hardware and software systems, and develop specifications and performance requirements.
May maintain databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
Senior level individual typically works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently. May oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
· BS or Six (6) years of additional work or Master’s or Bachelor's degree plus four (4) years of additional work experience. For a more senior level position. Additional required experience may be substituted for a Master's degree.
· 3-10 years of experience in Software Development (Systems Software), preferably within a DoD program environment.
· Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP) from ISC2
· Research, design, and develop computer and network software or specialized utility programs.
· Analyze user needs and develop software solutions, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
· Update software or enhance existing software capabilities.
· Working with computer hardware engineers to integrate hardware and software systems, and develop specifications and performance requirements.
· Maintaining databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
· Desired certification: Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP) from ISC2 for junior level position.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a similar technical discipline
· Experience working with Distance Learning Systems
· Experience working Knowledge Management Systems
· Familiarity with DevSecOps processes
· Experience in developing software optimized for cloud environments i.e. Software as a Service (SaaS)
· Demonstrated innovative thinking and follow through
· Demonstrated rapid response to customer requests
· Experience in researching new/emerging technologies
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics Information Technology
- General Dynamics Information Technology Jobs