DAVID BARTLETT Electrical Engineer in FORT MADISON, Iowa
Full Job Description
For over 50 years Bartlett Instrument Co. has been manufacturing electrical instrumentation products in Fort Madison, IA. We have a family atmosphere that allows us to provide superior products and service to our customer. Bartlett Instrument Company is well known for its temperature control products, primarily for the ceramic kiln market. In recent years, we have expanded our product selection by offering affordable temperature control units customized for the greenhouse market. Although these two applications are very diverse, Bartlett is committed to being an excellent vendor in both these areas.
Bartlett Instrument Co, a growing electronics manufacturer in Fort Madison, IA, is looking for a computer/electrical engineer for new product design in controls, and the IOT realm. As a leader in the industry, you will learn about ceramic and glass art and knife making as you design new control systems and maintain the existing suite of products for controlling high temperature kilns/furnaces. The excitement doesnt stop there. Influence, change and improve controlled environment agriculture, hydro/aquaponics and cannabis industries through the design of environmental and irrigation controls. Tie it altogether working on our phone apps, communication products and our remote sensor network. You will also get hands on production experience while you shepherd products from concept to customer.
- BS in electrical and/or Computer engineering with 5+ years experience.
- Proficient in C programming for embedded systems.
- Skilled at setting up and maintaining Integrated Development Environments (IDE)
- Design basics with A2D convertors, microprocessors and transistors
- Basic knowledge of Integrated Circuit (IC), printed circuit boards, assembly techniques
- Understanding of the IOT environment with knowledge of phone apps, APIs, servers and network infrastructure.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and recommend solutions
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Self driven and can see tasks through to completion; able to report status clearly.
- Work with design team on all aspects of existing and new designs hardware, firmware, production.
- Production support for existing products
- Customer interface and troubleshooting
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: \$70,666.16 - \$150,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort Madison, IA 52627: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor\'s (Preferred)
- Electrical or computer engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- PCB: 3 years (Preferred)
- Python: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
- Health insurance