NextEra Energy Advanced Renewable Energy and HV Trainer in Grimes, Iowa
Advanced Renewable Energy and HV Trainer
- Date:Jun 5, 2021
Primary Location: Grimes, IA, US, 50111
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 53916
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
Based out of our Iowa Training Facility, this role performs HV training for our renewable fleet ( Solar/Wind/Battery) employees. Will provide hands-on and classroom skills with site technicians.
Substation CA items, DC system, IR equipment & reports, Underground locates, HV equipment splicing, Von thumper overview, HV print reading, HV truck stock & tools, Relays, DC prints, RTU, Breakers, Cross bond splices, Von, Eclipse units, Orion's, ATS switch.
This job interprets, organizes, executes and coordinates assignments. Employees in the role plan and develop technical projects concerned with unique or controversial complexities which have important impact on major company programs. This involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope, selection of areas for investigation, and development of novel concepts. Individuals in the role act as a technical liaison to individuals within and outside their organization with responsibility to act independently regarding technical matters pertaining to the individual's field. Employee's assignments are given in broad terms concerning general objectives and limitations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides full-time technical support to the operations and business unit personnel
• Performs system testing and documentation to critical systems during significant changes and/or upgrade
• Analyzes and identifies the root cause of - and implements comprehensive technical solutions to - complex application deficiencies and system issues
• Provides technical leadership in the functional specification, design and implementation of new (as well as enhancements to existing) security center applications and tools
• Develops new (and improves existing) processes with goal of increasing productivity, reducing risk of system failure, promoting efficiency in work flow, and meeting or exceeding the key operational performance targets
• Establishes, documents and maintains procedures and guidelines related to the day-to-day operational support provided to the operations and business unit personnel
• Travels to power plants for onsite troubleshooting support
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Technical / Functional Excellence/Learning
• Process Management Concepts
• Quality Tools and Techniques
• Effective Written Communications
• Effective Verbal Communications
• High School Grad / GED
• Safety Policy and Practice
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience:5+ years
• Bachelor's - Engineering
• Supervisor/Management Experience:Without Rating
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Technical Specialist
Organization: NextEra Project Mgmt
Location: Grimes, Iowa
Other Work Locations: Iowa
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs