Purfoods Bilingual Administrative Assistant in Grinnell, Iowa
Mom's Meals, a Purfoods Compnay, is a home-delivered meal service providing fully prepared, refrigerated meal solutions direct to homes nationwide for over 18 years. We provide seniors, patients recovering post-discharge and those managing a chronic condition with tailored nutrition solutions to manage their specific needs. If you are passionate about the well-being of others and have a strong sense of community, Purfoods/Mom’s Meals could be the place for you! We are a family operated business looking for fun, compassionate, and friendly people who want to make a difference in the lives of others.
The Bilingual Administrative Assistant will provide a broad range of administrative duties, as well as, Spanish translation verbally and in writing. Will provide administrative support to the Plant Manager and Human Resources plus, as needed, assist Operations Management and Quality Assurance. Will also provide front office reception and must project a professional company image through in-person and phone interactions. Will frequently handle confidential information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following duties. Other duties may be assigned as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o Maintain positive and professional staff, vendor, and visitor relationships.
o Serves as first line of defense on office security.
o Welcome visitors, answer/direct calls, and handle deliveries.
o Make appointments for staff to meet with HR or other management personnel.
• General Administrative Support:
o Support Plant Manager and other management personnel with a wide variety administrative tasks including reports, correspondence, special projects, and making meeting arrangements. Requires using Microsoft Office products (Work Excel, Powerpoint) and various business systems and applications.
o Manage communication of information in and out of the office.
o Maintain and order supplies, complete some basic accounting tasks, maintain productions files, and oversee records management.
o Ensure front office, break room, and conferences rooms are kept clean and organized.
• Human Resources Assistance:
o Provide recruitment and selection support including using Icims applicant tracking system, assisting walk-ins with application process, conducting phone screens and setting up interviews and onboarding. Help coordinate temp hiring and conduct tours.
o Assist with performing HRIS transactions (using Kronos) including new hire entry, time card coding, personnel actions forms, termination processing, and more.
o Maintain HR forms and confidential files.
o Maintain various trackers (e.g., attendance, leave administration, etc.), training records, etc.
o Help with Spanish translation – help applicants, translate forms/memos, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education: High school or equivalent plus administrative training desired. High level of proficiency using Microsoft Office products, particularly Word and Excel. Previous experience using applicant tracking and/or Kronos a real plus. Knowledge of AX/inventory systems helpful.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of previous administrative experience desired. Proven ability to maintain proper level of confidentiality. (HIPPA, HR information, contracts, etc.)
Job Skills & Behaviors:
• Professional demeanor.
• Must be bilingual in Spanish/English – both speaking and writing.
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office products, Icims, Kronos, etc.). Fast, proficient, and accurate.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with diverse groups.
• Professional telephone skills.
• Highly organized. Ability to plan and prioritize workload needed to meet deadlines.
• Coordination skills.
• Able to quickly adapt to changing situations and priorities.
• Problem solving skills.
• Skill in recording and compiling material for reports.
• Willing to develop knowledge of policies, practices, and terminology of facility and assigned functions.
• Demonstrated commitment to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and other food safety rules.
• Demonstrated behaviors that are consistent with our core values: Teamwork, Relentlessly Dependable, Appreciation & Respect, Innovation & Constant Improvement, and Nourishing our Customers.
Physical/Mental Requirements & Demands:
• Good memory for faces and voices.
• Detail oriented.
• Sitting for long periods of time.
• Able to lift up to 20 lbs.
Safety Equipment Required:
• Safety glasses when entering production areas.
Mom's Meals complies with all applicable federal and state non-discrimination laws. All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, ancestry, color, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or military status.
External Company Name: Purfoods LLC
External Company URL: www.purfoods.com
Street: 810 Blakely Circle