Danaher Corporation Application Developer/Analyst (IDT) in Iowa City, Iowa
Danaher Company Description
Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc. (IDT) develops, manufactures, and markets nucleic acid products for the life sciences industry in the areas of academic research, biotechnology, agriculture, medical diagnostics, and pharmaceutical development. The company's primary business is the production of custom oligonucleotides for molecular biology applications. IDT has developed proprietary technologies for genomics applications such as next generation sequencing, CRISPR genome editing, qPCR, and RNA interference. Through its GMP services, IDT manufactures products used in diagnostic tests for many forms of cancer and most inherited and infectious diseases. Serving over 100,000 life sciences researchers and producing over 65,000 nucleic acids daily, IDT is widely recognized as the industry leader in custom nucleic acid manufacture. The company serves its customers through direct sales in many countries and a network of international distributors. IDT’s corporate headquarters is in Skokie, Illinois, USA. Its manufacturing headquarters is in Coralville, Iowa, USA, with additional manufacturing facilities in San Diego, California, USA; Leuven, Belgium; and Singapore.
- Perform software development activities using established development practices; following design and coding standards, code reviews, code versioning, continuous builds, unit/integration testing, & deployments.
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing software systems
- Assist in the creation of system design and functional specifications for new development projects
- Actively collaborate with the team to build consistent and dependable solutions.
- Identify opportunities and facilitate communication that can improve efficiency of business processes.
- Provide assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology
- Investigate and resolve application functionality, related issues, and provide first level support/troubleshooting of our software systems
- Handle support inquiries and escalates as necessary
- Effectively present technical information in one-on-one and small group situations
- Produce technical documentation for new and existing applications
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS. (Preferred)
- Experience with enterprise software applications. (Preferred)
- Ability to utilize and apply technical knowledge and skills.
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to maintain several projects at one time.
- Must be able to interact in a professional manner with customers, employees, and all levels of management
- Ability to analyze situations accurately, utilizing a variety of analytical techniques in order to make well informed decisions.
- Ability to develop and evaluate alternatives.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Ability to accept responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Ability to perform repetitive work or to perform continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or pace.
- Exert up to 10lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to a minimal amount frequently
- Sitting: to assume a position in which the weight is largely supported by the buttocks, usually with the body vertical and the thighs horizontal.
- Repetitive Motion: substantial movements (motion) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Walking: moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Using Fingers/Grasping/Feeling: writing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers or palm and perceiving attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touch.
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken work- those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds at normal range; ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when auscultating and percussing.
- Reaching: extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: maintaining an upright position.
- Lifting: raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Bending: bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist and/or bending leg; bending legs at knee to come to rest or kneel.
- Pushing/Pulling: using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward/using upper extremities to exert force in order to drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Climbing: stairs, stools, ramps, ladders.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Life Sciences
Job Function: Information Technology
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-IA-Iowa City
Req ID: BEC012395