Bristol Myers Squibb Senior District Business Manager, Dermatology - North Central in IOWA CITY, Iowa
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
This is an opportunity to join the growing US Immunology Business at BMS and build a best in class Sales Organization to support the anticipated launch of a new dermatology product to treat Psoriasis. Those with a passion to build teams, create best in class cultures and organizational standards, have a deeply rooted investment in people development and always act with patient interest at the core of decisions should apply. The Sr. DBM will have a team of 8-10 Territory Business Managers (TBMs) as direct reports.
• The Sr. DBM role reports to a Regional Business Director and works with a team of Territory Business Managers (TBMs) to provide strong leadership, ensure flawless execution, build a winning culture, and deliver on sales expectations.
• In addition, you will be responsible to work with a dynamic matrix team to help address customer needs and ensure we deliver on our objective of demonstrating value to our customers.
• Recruit, hire, train and develop a team of Territory Business Managers that centers on team before self, operating in a hybrid environment as necessary, adhering to BMS core values and principles, and the strongest of integrity principles.
• Ensuring talent recruited represents a truly diverse team of professionals to enhance our competitiveness and innovation
• Provide leadership and input on sales organization issues, opportunities and direction and fulfill strategic brand responsibilities.
• Ensure superior execution of business unit and brand strategy by translating strategy into District specific goals, objectives and business plans that take into account unique characteristics of the District, e.g., geography, payer landscape, customer mix, etc.
• Meet or exceed sales goals, maximize promotional budgets, and execute the national sales strategy in accordance with BMS polices
• Interpret and integrate data to develop communication strategies to drive performance and productivity within the District.
• Working with sales leadership and their matrix counterparts to continue to drive the evolution of our sales force capabilities to meet the changing external environment
• Develop, review, and modify District and Territory-level business plans ensuring alignment with regional and national plans.
• Develop, maintain and grow customer touchpoints within district.
• Manage the District's operational and brand product budget and ensure appropriate allocation of budget against identified priorities.
• Innovate and identify new ways to build brand equity to exceed our short and long-term goals, ensuring all legal and compliance regulations are adhered to
• Serve as a role model for Compliance and hold each member of the team accountable for Compliance by ensuring all practices within the District are compliant with the BMS Compliance Code of Conduct, PhRMA Code, OIG Guidelines, PDMA Policies and Procedures and all other applicable laws, regulations, policies & procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum of 7 years of pharmaceutical field sales experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• Experience building and leading high performance teams and working in a matrix environment
• Ability to travel up to 75% of the time including periodic travel to our NJ headquarters
• Recent Dermatology experience, defined by most recent 3 years of experience
• Dermatology leadership experience
• Launch experience in a competitive market
• Biologic or small molecule experience
• Proven top performance in field sales and field sales management
• Experience building and leading teams of diverse backgrounds.
• Working knowledge of the psoriasis market, geographic conditions, customer base, etc.
• Understanding of environmental and industry trends, and impact on business
As this position requires operation of a Company-provided vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the requirements of “Qualified Driver,” as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the following: 1) at least 21 years of age; 2) a driver’s license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and 3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by the Company.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com . Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.
Company: Bristol Myers Squibb
Req Number: R1551864
Updated: 2022-01-17 02:08:16.860 UTC
Location: IOWA CITY,Iowa
Bristol Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, gender expression, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Bristol Myers Squibb
- Bristol Myers Squibb Jobs