Aria Systems Workflow Software Engineer in Iowa City, Iowa
Title: Workflow Engineer
Department: Professional Services
Location: Broomall, PA, Iowa City, IA or San Francisco, CA
About Aria Systems
Aria provides a cloud-based monetization platform for subscription- and usage-based businesses. Aria removes billing bottlenecks and allows companies to rapidly introduce and evolve their offerings, bundles, and promotions.
Innovative companies, like Roku, Philips, Telstra, and Subaru depend on Aria for agility to accelerate their time to revenue, maximize customer value, and ultimately grow their business.
We are looking for talented, passionate people with strong track records and relevant expertise to help us achieve our goals. We are a fast-moving startup that offers a dynamic working environment with a collaborative culture, where you and your peers can learn from each other, and where you can make visible contributions that benefit our world-class customers and partners.
The Professional Services workflow team is responsible for designing and developing automated billing processes for our Enterprise customers.
We are looking for a mindful, smart and enterprising workflow engineer who loves technology, remembers the details, and strives for excellence in all that they do. The person who’ll thrive in this role needs to be:
- A great team player
- A good communicator
- Passionate about their work and customer success
- Security-conscious at all times
Workflow engineers document, design and build SaaS billing processes using our graphical workflow automation platform which is tightly integrated with the Aria Billing Platform. Workflow engineers work hand-in-hand with solution architects, implementation consultants and the customers themselves to build processes that are secure, reliable and efficient.
• 2 years’ enterprise programming experience • 2 years’ actual experience building Software-as-a-Service: 1. Debugging complex problems 2. Automated regression testing 3. Optimizing application <-> database communication 4. Profiling memory and performance concerns for optimization 5. Troubleshooting connectivity problems (network / app server / certificates / authentication) 6. SQL query construction and best practices 7. Reading/writing XML and JSON 8. Creating complete documentation for support and release management
• Experience in both Waterfall and Agile development • Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills • The capacity to multitask and excel in a fast-paced, evolving environment • Strong written, verbal and demonstrative communication skills • Attentive to detail • Seeking challenges and growth • Able to travel domestically and internationally, as needed (typically less than 25%)
• A degree in computer science, mathematics or philosophy • Experience in billing (i.e. financial systems, payment processors, tax engines, etc...) • Experience handling PCI data in a secure manner • Experience in business process and business rules automation • Experience developing mission-critical, high capacity, high availability SaaS applications for enterprise • Experience integrating with multiple SaaS services • Experience integrating systems over HTTPS • Experience developing rules-based process automation • Fluency with Decision Model and Notation • Fluency with Business Process Model and Notation
Aria Systems fosters a flexible, rewarding, and close-knit work environment while encouraging innovation and self-direction. As a startup we expect all of our employees to share our strong sense of urgency, ability to learn and master new technologies quickly, and willingness to adapt to rapidly changing priorities. In return Aria offers competitive salaries and benefits, attractive stock options, and a flexible, informal work environment.
Apply for this position directly on our website at https://www.ariasystems.com/company/careers.
Aria Systems is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Please, no phone calls. Principals only; recruiters please do not respond to this ad.