The Estee Lauder Companies Aveda- Salon Development Partner - Des Moines, IA in Iowa
Aveda- Salon Development Partner - Des Moines, IA
Store Visit Time Allocation (70% of Role)
Consumer Facing Side-by-Side Selling/Driving Conversion (40% of visit)
• Develop teams through regular, quality salon/institute visits and one-on-ones with focus on
• Achievement of sales and productivity goals and brand & sales objectives. Lead annual Joint Business Planning Sessions for key accounts.
• Manages/leads/influences team in driving sales, excellent customer service and quantifying the team’s ability to meet and/or exceed sales goals.
• Utilizes and demonstrates solid understanding of sales, product knowledge, events, operations, retail market and salon industry to keep business and team moving forward by capturing consumer insights/sales trends/traffic patterns and using learnings to influence optimization of the field operation.
• Assess staffs’ incorporation of skills and techniques taught and overall sales performance.
• Observes and provides feedback to salons regarding performance.
Training/Education (30% of visit)
• Deliver effective sales by modeling, observing and providing feedback to ensure effective delivery of sales techniques for varying consumer profiles, including cross selling techniques for new consumers, to ensure sales goal achievement.
• Analyze and evaluate how the team is using training knowledge to drive sales, as well as recognize and coach to opportunities for improvement.
• Promote Aveda hair color and hair/spa treatments to increase Aveda services in salons.
• Drive Brand education: ensure staff is well-versed in brand messaging, differentiation and assortment.
• Deliver brand trainings to dedicated salon-wide staff on product knowledge, service experiences, selling and leadership skills.
Building Current Relationships (10% of visit)
• Create and maintain strategic salon/institute partnership(s) where appropriate.
• Develop good working relationships with partnered salon staff to recognize opportunities that are consistent with the company’s strategic direction.
Events (10% of visit)
• Partner with salons/institutes to create innovative in-salon events and use learnings to maximize effectiveness of the market calendar long term.
Reviewing Business Performance (10% of visit)
• Communicate sales goals and client engagement strategy
• Proactively identify inventory/stock issues that may inhibit business.
Out of Store (30% of Role)
• Analyze the business and identify sales goals/targets to be set, proactively anticipate and rectify obstacles to goal achievement using critical problem-solving skills, target specific KPI’s relevant to the business, strategize client engagement to attract, convert, and retain clients.
• Partners with Centers of Excellence to more effectively manage and lead business.
• Identify and convert new business to strengthen market share.
• Create feedback loops to the brand: share feedback with central teams on execution, competition's products, service offering and activity; maintain in-depth knowledge of market trends, demographics and customer needs/behaviors and reactions.
• Develop good working relationships with Brand leaders, COE staffs, and salon/institute partners.
3-4 years’ experience leading/managing sales and customer development preferably in Salon/ Beauty industry.
• Ability to Maximize volume and revenue in accounts by utilizing fact-based selling methods
• Build and maintain strategic partnerships with customers & COE functions and drive customer satisfaction through superior service and execution
• Activate local and national initiatives and promotions to build brand development and maximize brand performance
• Solid understanding of sales, product knowledge, events, operations, retail culture and beauty industry.
• Deep understanding of the salon industry and current trends.
• Ability to see problems and develop action plans to get past them (i.e. inventory/stock issues)
• Demonstrated results through strategic thinking
• Charismatic individual with strong negotiation and communication talents
• Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment with multi-unit management skills.
• Availability to work key business hours including weekends.
• Must have valid driver’s license to operate ELC fleet vehicle.
Job: Retail - Corporate
Primary Location: Americas-US-Iowa
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 2112380
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com
The Estee Lauder Companies
- The Estee Lauder Companies Jobs