Cardinal Health Meeting, Event and Trade Show Planner in Iowa
What Meetings, Events and Trade Shows contributes to Cardinal Health
Meetings, Events and Trade Shows is responsible for the development, planning and implementation of internal and external meetings, events and trade shows aligned with strategic business and brand objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of meeting and trade show planning and project management practices.
- Negotiates, manages and/or implements budgets and contracts with external vendors.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and serves as a strategic advisor to clients.
- Utilizes various software platforms to assist in planning of trade shows and exhibitions, registration, budgets, logistics and other information.
- Knowledgeable with contracting for exhibit space and sponsorship opportunities.
- Translates the goals and objectives of meetings, events and trade shows into a positive and effective experience.
- Building and maintaining internal client relationships
- Working with Sourcing Manager on contract logistics
- Managing project pieces inclusive of timeline, budget, attendee management, and vendor logistics
- Providing industry best practice recommendations to clients
- Conducting post program follow up to review learnings
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- 3+ years experience in related field, preferred
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP), preferred
- Cvent experience, preferred
- Ability to travel approximately 30%, including overnight travel
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks.
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity.
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve.
- Applies judgment within defined parameters.
- Receives general guidance - may receive more detailed instruction on new projects.
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy.
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs