Valero Shift Supervisor - Ethanol Plant in LAKOTA, Iowa
Manages and supervises all shift activities, while acting as the on-shift management representative and supporting Valero Renewables operations policies, goals and objectives. This position works a 12-hour rotating shift schedule.
- Acts as on-shift Valero Renewables Management representative.
- Oversees all Plant activities including control room activities during assigned shift.
- Assesses the need for additional support for unplanned activities that occur during the shift and initiates call-outs to ensure timely arrival of support personnel on-site.
- Directs assigned crew during all phases of operation i.e. normal, start up, shut down, Emergency and abnormal conditions.
- Assumes responsibilities and performs the duties of Production Manager (Acting) during back shift, holidays and weekends. Communicates significant issues to the Production Manager, Plant Manager and other Valero Renewables Management as necessary when unexpected events occur.
- Performs all required “call outs” e.g. shift coverage, maintenance support, environmental reporting, local emergency responders and security support.
- Performs shift crew administrative duties e.g. time approval, employee performance reviews, vacation approval, maintaining assigned shift crew coverage and following shift coverage.
- Implements Emergency Action Plan (EAP). Assumes the duties of Emergency coordinator until senior management arrives on the scene.
- Assumes responsibility for assigned shift regarding equipment removal/return to service and lock-out/tag-outs for maintenance.
- Maintains the status of plant operating parameters.
- Performs initial incident report, evidence preservation and data gathering following unexpected events on-shift.
- Prepares and distributes Shift Reports and conducts Shift Turnover for the assigned shift.
- Trains and develops Process Operators on assigned shift. This position is hourly nonexempt status, which means you are eligible for overtime pay.
* High school diploma or GED required. * Associates degree (or higher) in a technical field preferred. * A minimum of five years of agricultural and/or operational experience required. * Supervisory experience preferred.
Valero’s pre-employment process includes successful completion of a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
About Valero Renewables – Lakota
Valero's Lakota ethanol plant is located in Lakota, Iowa, about 30 miles southeast of Fairmont, Minnesota. The bio-refinery sits on 78 acres and started ethanol production in November 2002. The facility uses a dry-grind production method and state-of-the-art technology to maintain industry-leading standards in production, safety, product quality and environmental stewardship. The Lakota plant annually processes nearly 39 million bushels of corn into 110 million gallons of denatured ethanol and 400,000 tons of distillers grains co-products. The bio-refinery has a nameplate capacity of 85 million gallons of ethanol per year and employs approximately 60 full-time personnel.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, including race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on a website that lists an estimated salary rate/range, it was not provided by Valero. Valero’s market specific salary rate/range will be provided during the recruiting process and tends to be higher than what is estimated by such websites.
Job: Operations/Skilled Crafts %26 Trades/Maintenance
Primary Location: US-IA-Lakota
Job Posting: Sep 26, 2023, 2:55:15 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 23001D3
- Valero Jobs