Michael Foods (M.G. WALDBAUM COMPANY) Industrial Maintenance Development Program in LENOX, Iowa
Business Unit Overview
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that\'s First in Food.
Michael Foods, Inc. located in Lenox, Iowa and often called the \"Pearl of the Prairie\" is where you can find small town living, focused on family and friends, with big city amenities not far from reach in Des Moines, Omaha, and Kansas City. Located in southwest Iowa, Taylor county, with a population of around 1400, the Lenox area reaches far beyond the city limits with beautiful and productive fields of corn, beans, and other croplands. Lenox holds an amazing four day Rodeo every July and is home to a beautiful 36-9 hole golf course, several fishing and boating lakes, great area hunting, a beautiful city park with swimming pool, and many picnic parks. The MFI location in Lenox produces primarily pre-cooked egg patties. With its friendly atmosphere, safe environment, and progressive spirit, Lenox is a great place to live, work, play, and raise a family.
Enroll in pertenent college program (robotics, electicial, industiral maintenance, etc) and work in the Michael Foods maintenance department part-time(minimum of 10 hours/week). No experience necessary.
Perks of the program include:
- \$1,000 sign-on bonus
- Tools provided: \$1,300 value
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work schedule based on semesters classes
- Holistic learning: apply what you learn at work to school and vice versa
- Secured employment after graduation
This position performs process and production maintenance throughout the facility. Maintenance Technician\'s responsibilities includes but not be limited to equipment breakdowns, installation and startups, process improvements, preventative/precision maintenance programs and continuous improvements activities i.e. increasing machine reliability and installation of facility capital investments.
Candidates must be a self-starter willing to accept maintenance process responsibility and KPI results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to respond in an efficient and effective manner to urgent production needs related to equipment.
- Ability to read and understand diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer\'s specifications in order to disassemble, repair, replace, rebuild, and install mechanical equipment.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of belts, sheaves, chains, sprockets, bearings, lubrication standards, and applications.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of fasteners, thread types, and proper applications
- Utilize CMMS to support the maintenance function including review, execution, and documentation of scheduled/unscheduled work on a daily basis.
- Basic ability to diagnose and repair all mechanical power transmission equipment. Basic knowledge of gear boxes, mechanical drives, variable speed applications, and motors.
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems including cylinders, valves, manifolds, vacuum systems, air filtration and lubrication devices.
- Basic knowledge of pipe fitting, insulating, rigging applications, use of mechanical tools, hand tools, and power tools.
- Responsible for adhering to all safety policies and procedures, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks. Take personal responsibility to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for everyone.
- Assume personal responsibility to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks.
- Adhere to Quality work practices, follow all GMP\'s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensur that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety and quality.
- Ensure regulatory compliance at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, squat, climb, walk and stand. Must be able to grasp and handle equipment and tools. Lift, push and pull up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors in hot, cold, wet, noisy and dusty environments.
- Must be able to read and comprehend user manuals, SOPs, etc.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in written form.
- Must have basic math aptitude.
- Must be self-motivated, can work independently or in a team.
Michael Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or a physical or mental disability.