Michael Foods (M.G. WALDBAUM COMPANY) Sanitation Lead - 3rd Shift in LENOX, Iowa
Business Unit Overview
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that\'s First in Food.
Michael Foods, Inc. located in Lenox, Iowa and often called the \"Pearl of the Prairie\" is where you can find small town living, focused on family and friends, with big city amenities not far from reach in Des Moines, Omaha, and Kansas City. Located in southwest Iowa, Taylor county, with a population of around 1400, the Lenox area reaches far beyond the city limits with beautiful and productive fields of corn, beans, and other croplands. Lenox holds an amazing four day Rodeo every July and is home to a beautiful 36-9 hole golf course, several fishing and boating lakes, great area hunting, a beautiful city park with swimming pool, and many picnic parks. The MFI location in Lenox produces primarily pre-cooked egg patties. With its friendly atmosphere, safe environment, and progressive spirit, Lenox is a great place to live, work, play, and raise a family.
The Lead Person is responsible for organizing the cleaning and sanitation crew for each department. This Lead Person must have extensive knowledge and experience working with Clean-In-Place (CIP) systems. Lead Person is required to know, follow, and enforce safety policies and programs and have a complete understanding of all equipment to be cleaned. Assist other departments as needed to ensure all departments are clean for timely start ups. This position has the responsibility to comply with Safety work rules at all times as well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as a Core Value. Ensures that all policies, procedures and activities, related to Food Safety and Quality, are followed and complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process variability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Know, follow, and enforce safety policies and programs.
- Organize cleaning crew for each department.
- Complete follow up to ensure department and equipment is clean at end of shift.
- Have a complete understanding of all equipment to be cleaned.
- Understand the CIP\'s and line hook ups.
- Understand all chemicals and first aid procedures and chemical usage.
- Work closely with Maintenance and Quality Assurance.
- Strive to create a team environment.
- Ensure employees are cross-trained.
- Assist other departments as needed to ensure all departments are clean for timely start ups.
- Oversee the master sanitation schedule in the assigned department.
- Know the product quality standards.
- Know the GMP\'s and enforce them.
- Schedule employees and shuffle employees to fill vacancies, call-ins, and vacations.
- Communicate with Supervisor on all issues.
- Understand MSDS.
- Provide coverage for other leads, and needed.
- Pre-startup sanitation, as required
- Ensures regulatory compliance at all times.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge and experience with CIP systems required.
- Good communication skills, work ethics and attitude.
- Able to consistently produce quality work in minimal time.
- Able to work in a safe manner.
- Physically able to repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds or more.
- Ability to stoop, bend, and crawl
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be self motivated.
- Able to maintain good attendance and be punctual.
- Able to stand on hard surfaces most of the shift.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
Michael Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or a physical or mental disability.