Lauridsen Group Inc. Production Specialist - Essentia in Lytton, Iowa
Through committed service and sustainable proteins solutions, Essentia is dedicated to building a better business for our customers. We do this by holding true to our values: Teamwork, Respect, Agility, Creativity and Knowledge. The purpose of this role is to provide administrative support, general office functions and other related duties for assigned Essentia Protein Solutions facility.
• Manage and organize documents for accessibility for production and operations.
• Collects, inputs, and prepares data for continuous improvement efforts.
• Complies with and follows company food safety and quality policies.
• Assist production with data collection and analysis.
• Assist with trouble shooting and investigations to find root cause.
• Work with Operations Process Improvement to provide information and data as needed.
• Assist production with CAPAs, SOPs and JHAs.
• Assist with the production scheduling and planning.
• Preparing data and presentation materials for monthly presentations.
• Project Work as assigned
• Communicate effectively and professionally interact with plant personnel, sales staff, customer service and other internal and external customers maintaining the best interest of the company at all times.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills required in English.
• Willingness to collaborate professionally and effectively in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to be cross trained in all aspects of the job.
• Accuracy in filling out paperwork and entering data.
• Highly adaptable
• Multitasker with strong attention to detail.
• Computer skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Highly organized
• Ability to follow standard procedures.
• Ability to interpret data as it pertains to Production specifications.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of company information when required.
BASIC PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Approximate: 8-Hour Day (may be longer during peak season)
Key: Occasional = 0% - 33%
Frequent = 34% - 66%
Continuous = 67% - 100%
N/A = Not Applicable
Reaching Above Shoulder Occasional
Climbing (stairs, ladders, etc.) Occasional
Working on Heights:
Unprotected Heights N/A
Protected Heights N/A
Lifting Weights from 0 to 50 pounds Occasional
Weighing from 0 to 2,500 pounds Occasional
Being Around and/or Operating Moving Machinery/Equipment Occasional
Operating a Vehicle (as a part of your job) Occasional
Read/Monitor Gauges on Various Equipment/Machinery N/A
Recording Data Frequent
Operating Office Equipment Frequent
Operating Computer Occasional
Simple Grasping (right and left) Occasional
Firm Grasping (right and left) Occasional
Fine Manipulating (right and left) Occasional
Foot Movements to Operate Foot Controls N/A
Good Vision, Corrected to Normal; or Ability to Access
Required Information and to Perform Job Duties Yes
Color Definition Yes
Good Hearing, Corrected to Normal; or Ability to Communicate
and/or Understand Required Information and to Perform
Job Duties Yes
Ability to be Mobile throughout Required Work Areas Yes
Multiple Locations Occasional
Equipment/Maintenance or Repair Area N/A
Rough Terrain N/A
BASIC MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
This job requires the mental ability to perform duties listed, including, but not limited to strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work with a variety of people are required to accomplish job duties. Must possess the capability to learn, comprehend, and communicate, both verbally and in writing. Furthermore, logical thinking and common sense in organization are essential in performing this job function.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND EXPOSURES:
General office working conditions exist within a food manufacturing process environment. Regular contact with plant maintenance areas. May include exposure to temperature changes from below zero to extreme heat. Exposure to high noise levels, moving machinery/equipment, moving throughout the building to different processing areas and wet floors. Position may include some extended periods of computer work and extended hours during peak periods of activity.
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of the job duties and requirements associated with this job and is intended to represent an accurate reflection of the current job.
Education: Minimum of H.S. Diploma / G.E.D., 2- or 4-year degree desirable.
Experience: Minimum of two (2) years of experience in an office environment, providing administrative support. Knowledge of manufacturing practices and data, preferable. Combination of experience and education.
LGI’s foundation began in 1916 as the Lauridsen Creamery, selling butter, eggs and poultry to the local community. Although our headquarters in Ankeny, Iowa, is not far from the old creamery in Dedham, Iowa, the company is now worldwide with more than fifty manufacturing and sales locations in twenty countries and sales in more than sixty countries.
Each company under the LGI umbrella is truly independent. They have the ability and the charge to be entrepreneurial, to seek out new markets, to develop new products and applications, and – above all - to discover new ways to add value through fractionation and novel application.
What’s more, because some LGI companies have offices and presence around the world, all LGI companies benefit from their exposure to new markets, new products, new applications and new thinking.