Linn-Mar Community Schools HVAC Technician - Starting pay rate up to $27.73/hr in Marion, Iowa
Job Description **IMPORTANT:Please be sure to click on our careers link below to complete an application and submit it on our website to be considered: You will need to do this to complete your application process. Thank you!**
Position Title: HVAC Technician Department: Operations and Maintenance Immediate Supervisor: HVAC Supervisor
Summary: This position offers support for all areas of maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of the HVAC systems in the District buildings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Install, repair, alter, replace and maintain environmental systems equipment and components including but not limited to: air conditioning equipment, condensers, pumps, compressors, GEO Thermal Systems, boilers and other pneumatic and electric machinery and computerized controls, install and maintain cooling tower equipment and cooling water treatment equipment.
- Operate and control HVAC systems with the use of Johnson Controls Metasys Building Automation System (BAS).
- Perform skilled work in the area of installation, repair, alteration, replacement and maintenance of components of environmental systems such as refrigeration, temperature control, and support systems equipment.
- Implement preventive maintenance program, test and evaluate performance of systems using specialized equipment, repair or replace defective valves, thermostats etc.
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, drawings, diagrams and equipment specifications.
- Prepare records and service reports.
- Provide functional supervision to outside contractors and other operation and maintenance employees.
- Determine the amount of time and materials necessary to accomplish tasks with the least expense and downtime of equipment.
- Build a positive working relationship with school administrators, custodians and other employees of the district.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with Supervisor and/or other on-site personnel.
- Work independently during the normal workday and during off hours on an on-call status.
- Comply with OSHA regulations/guidelines regarding materials and safety, as established by OSHA guidelines.
- Participate as directed in any training and development programs identified by the Supervisor; keep current on relevant information and technology.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.