SEH, Inc. Professional Engineer in Mason City, Iowa
Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. (SEH®) is an employee-owned company comprised of more than 800 engineers, architects, planners, scientists and talented professionals who work to provide exceptional service and value to our public and private clients. SEH employee-owners solve our world's complex challenges of renewing infrastructure, improving mobility, engineering clean water and designing better places all which contribute to Building a Better World for All of Us®. We've been in business for more than 90 years with evidence of our work in more than 40 states.
SEH has an opening for a Professional Engineer within our Water/Wastewater Engineering Practice Center located in Mason City, IA. This position will serve on project teams as a capable and efficient engineer and will work on and manage Water/Wastewater projects, often making decisions under the general direction of Senior Professional Engineers.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Design of small- to medium-sized projects or portions of large-sized projects.
- Preparing project reports and recommendations for approval by the Senior Professional Engineers.
- Preparing project scopes, fee proposals, and schedules.
- Preparing technical specifications and general contract documents for bidding purposes.
- Day-to-day project communications with client and project team.
- Conforming to SEH standards of quality, both technical and graphic.
- Attending and presenting at City Council meetings.
- Acting as technical advisor to junior professional staff assigned to the project.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Iowa or another state with ability to obtain Iowa and other state licensure within six months.
- Four (4) to ten (10) years of previous experience specializing in water/wastewater designs for municipal, state, or federal projects.
- Previous experience managing a staff of engineering professionals and serving as a technical mentor for junior level staff.
- Knowledgeable of Iowa regional water and wastewater issues, and familiarity with the municipal government and industrial client base.
- Previous experience in project management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including scoping, budgeting, and coordinating sub-consultants.
- Previous experience in proposal and client management.
- Knowledge and proficiency with software including: Excel, MSWord, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to provide own means of reliable transportation for occasional day trips.
- Ability to travel as needed for team meetings, client consultations, business development excursions, on-site inspections/visits, etc. Occasional overnight travel will be required.
- Ability to walk and climb over rough terrain and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Proficiency with design applications including: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, WaterCAD, and/or Revit.
- Previous experience interacting with Iowa regulatory agencies.
- Industrial water, wastewater, and environmental experience.
- Current affiliation and/or membership with local, state, and/or national water/wastewater societies and associations.
How To Apply
For confidential consideration, apply on line or send your resume and salary requirements via fax to 651.490.2138. Please refer to the job number if you choose to fax.
Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees according to all applicable equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and local governing bodies and agencies. In keeping with this commitment, it is the policy of Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a covered veteran.
Job Title: Professional Engineer
Location: Mason City, IA, US
Practice: Wastewater Engineering
Amount of Travel: Occasional Travel