Cargill Utilities Technician in Mason City, Iowa
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Location: Mason City, IA
Job Type: Full Time
Shift(s) Available: 3rd
Compensation: $24,75 - $35,25 /hr
Sign-On Bonus: $3,000
$2.00 shift differential
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
Health and Wellness Incentives
Paid Vacation and Holidays
401(k) with Cargill matching contributions
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
50% Maintain ammonia refrigeration system and training: Perform daily monitoring of the system through walk arounds and trend graphs. Optimize ammonia operations through the use of the Logix system. Writing and review of task procedures, PM’s and SOP’s for operation of equipment and system. Support in Process Safety Management (PSM) compliance audits. Performing preventative, predictive, and reactive maintenance strategies as designated.
20% Maintain Plant equipment. Work with others to promote quality and yield improvements.
10% Complete necessary documentation related to completion of Work Orders and applicable Process Safety Management (PSM) elements.
10% Maintain adherence to all Corporate Environmental Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
10% Maintain equipment and tools according to food safety guidelines. Responsible for reporting problems with the food safety management system.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
• Must be 18 years or older
• Ability to read, write, and speak English
• Availability to work outside of normal shift up to including weekend and off shift hours as needed
• Ability to obtain Ammonia Refrigeration Systems Certification – Operator Level 1 within one year of employment
• Participation as a member of the emergency response team, including wearing a full-face respirator mask as needed
• Electrical & mechanical aptitude
• Ability to learn chemistry of industrial wastewater systems
• Basic computer skills including being proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Maintenance experience in a food processing environment
• Experience with HVAC, Compressed Air, Boiler, and Wastewater Systems
• Able to effectively use typical industrial maintenance test and calibration equipment
• Ability to troubleshoot industrial electrical systems up to 480 VAC
• Predictive Technology Experience
• Experience working with SAP
• Understanding of Anhydrous Ammonia Refrigeration systems
• Ability to read & interpret detail blueprints and other technical documents
• Familiarity with industrial wastewater systems
• 2 years of Maintenance experience or or completion of technical college degree in related field.
• Dependable and punctual
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate them. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status. Employees may be required to wear masks, depending on requirements of the business and public health requirements based on the spread of COVID in the community.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs