Kent Corporation ACCOUNTANT - ACCOU002091-00001 in Muscatine, Iowa
Are you looking for a rewarding career with a US Best Managed Company? KENT Corporation has a fantastic opportunity to join our team as an Accountant within our Financial Shared Services Group! This critical role based in the heart of Iowa is a salaried opportunity that offers an exceptional benefits package. Apply directly for consideration to join the KENT family!
PRIMARY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily processing of grain payments, settlements, and adjustments
- Maintain grain vendor profiles.
- Maintain positive pay records.
- Preparation of month-end entries related to the Kent Grain facility.
- Provide backup for grain accountant.
- Work with ERP systems such as AX/D365 and Vertex/Avalara automated sales tax determination packages to ensure proper configuration and taxation of sales.
- Assist with tax filing by preparing tax information for return preparation, tax payments, and tax schedules.
- Reconcile various sales and use tax accounts monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Complete the monthly nexus review and the annual nexus studies.
- Monitor and analyze Accounts Payable systems and miscellaneous entries to determine the taxability and monthly use tax accrual requirements.
- Exemption Certificate Management and campaign management to ensure exemption certificate compliance.
- Assist in various specific sales tax projects as assigned across all companies.
- Assigned monthly duties to assist accounting personnel.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance.
EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Three years of relevant work experience preferably in a manufacturing setting.
- Demonstrated skills in Excel including pivot tables.
- Demonstrated abilities in analysis and business decision making.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity