The Raymond Corporation Assembler - Muscatine, IA in Muscatine, Iowa
This position may be offered through a staffing agency. If so, after 6 months of employment, eligible employees would be able to post for full time, regular positions within The Raymond Corporation.
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
Builds and/or assembles mid mix/high volume electrical sub-assembly components, battery cables, and/or control handles utilizing information from diagrams, QAP’s and Standard Work Instructions. Work is normally performed at early stages of production where errors are easier to detect and rework is simple or scrap cost minimal.
- Operates hand and power tools for mechanical, hydraulic and/or electronic assembly.
- Receives required parts and follows step by step diagrams and/or work instructions in order to assemble and/or reassemble mid mix/high volume sub-assembly components.
- Visually inspects own work prior to next operation. Adjusts as necessary.
- Uses computer to ensure inventories of required supplies are kept at appropriate levels. Notifies ATL/Supervisor of shortages.
- Stacks and/or moves work following material handling and safety procedures. May use overhead cranes/hoists and lift trucks to move heavy materials.
- Supports the Company’s 5S program to maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a neat, organized manner.
- May be required to teardown, clean, repair, rebuild, and reassemble previously built assemblies.
About the work environment:
Works in a factory setting. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in accordance with Company policy. For forklift operation, required to obtain and maintain Forklift Driver Certification through the Company and operate the forklift in a safe manner. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts up to 50 pounds or use cranes/hoists to move heavier materials. Temperatures may be extreme; elevated in the summer, cold in the winter. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
It would be great if you had:
- A High School Diploma or GED
- At least three or more months of manufacturing related experience
About the total compensation package:
Salary - Salaries starting at $17.50 per hour
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program