The Raymond Corporation Material Attendant (All Shifts) - Muscatine, IA in Muscatine, Iowa
* This is a temporary position and will be hired through a staffing agency. If so, after 6 months of employment, eligible employees would be able to post for full time, regular positions within The Raymond Corporation.
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
Under close supervision. Receives written and/or verbal instructions. Distributes, moves, stocks, ships and/or receives a variety of parts and equipment. Keeps accurate records of transactions.
- Receives written and/or verbal instructions. Operates hand and/or lift trucks in order to distribute, move, ship and/or receive specified parts or equipment.
- Performs a variety of routine stocking duties typically including, but not limited to: Picking, marshaling, sorting, packing, stacking, loading, labeling etc.
- Utilizing a personal computer, keeps accurate records of all transactions.
- Resolves routine material workflow problems with assigned equipment/part orders. Ensures more complex problems are directed appropriately.
- Interfaces with multiple departments over routine issues.
- Keeps floor in front of racks neat and orderly.
- Performs related work as assigned.
About the work environment:
Works in a factory setting. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in accordance with Company policy. For forklift operation, required to obtain and maintain Forklift Driver Certification through the Company and operate the forklift in a safe manner. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts up to 50 pounds or use cranes/hoists to move heavier materials. Temperatures may be extreme; elevated in the summer, cold in the winter. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
We are hiring Material Attendants on all shifts.
- A High School Diploma or GED preferred
- At least three or more months of manufacturing related experience is preferred
- Experience operating forklifts is preferred
About the total compensation package:
Salary - Salaries starting at $17.50 per hour