Serco Iowa Highway Helper Train NC52427833 in N/a, Iowa
Iowa Highway Helper Train NC52427833 N/a, IA, US
Job Description The Training Manager is responsible for development and implementation of the approved training program for both operators and supervisors of the Iowa Highway Helper program, as well as assisting the Project Manager in the overall management of the program.
• Oversees training program of Highway Helper Operators and Supervisors
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of the Highway Helper patrol operations procedures, training manuals, and contact lists
• Responsible for supporting the development and conducting of Highway Helper training including software, communication and operational training
• Responsible for developing and conducting Incident Management training
• Keep up-to-date with the state-of-the-art Incident Management operations by attending incident management and ITS seminars
• Develop and administer the Highway Helper Safety program
• Manages fleet of vehicles for Highway Helper operations program
• Assist Program Manager in oversight of Highway Helper Patrol Operator activities
*Serco Inc. is using this posting for the purpose identifying qualified management personnel for a proposal to provide services. Qualified candidates will be screened and the selected manager will be offered an employment agreement contingent upon successful award of the contract. This position is not currently funded/active. *
Required Skills • Bachelor's Degree or combination of education, skills, and experience
• 2+ years of training experience
• Have successfully completed all Highway Helper Operator training requirements and be certified as a Highway Helper Operator.
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills to facilitate communication with partner agencies for Highway Helper and TIM-related training and education
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• 2+ years of experience in training of traffic incident management services
• Prior Law Enforcement, Fire Department and/or Department of Transportation experience in managing traffic incidents
Employment Type Full time
Job ID 52427833
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc, one of the world’s leading and most admired service companies. Serco serves Federal, state and local governments, along with the Canadian government and commercial customers. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco has approximately 10,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco's people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. Our focus on Bringing Service to Life is more than a tagline, it’s the way we get things done, the way we talk with each other, and the way we interact and respect each other. We succeed by encouraging and generating new ideas. We trust our people to deliver. We are passionate about building innovative and successful Serco businesses. Our most powerful tool in improving performance is to instill a stimulating culture where people feel they can personally make a difference. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional Area Operations & Maintenance
Department The Transportation & Infrastructure business unit has four main business streams - surface transportation, aviation, fleet maintenance and infrastructure services, with over 1000 personnel providing these services in the federal, state and local markets. Our transportation surface and infrastructure business includes traffic control centers, intelligent system specification, deployment and maintenance, traveler information systems, back office capabilities, program management, congestion management and general operations. Our business with state and local governments include parking management systems and technicality upgrades and parking enforcement. In addition we provide fleet maintenance services to a number of public utilities and municipal authorities.
- Serco is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is availableand the supplemental poster is. If you need more information or require special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Serco HR Service Desk at 866-628-6458 or 703-939-6006. You may also e-mail us at.© 2017 Serco Inc.All Rights Reserved.1818 Library Street, Suite 1000, Reston VA 20190