Michael Foods (M.G. WALDBAUM COMPANY) Sanitation Tech Dev. (3rd Shift) (Starting at $19.00) in NORWALK, Iowa
Business Unit Overview
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that\'s First in Food.
Location Description Michael Foods, Inc. located in Norwalk, Iowa is a southern suburb in the Des Moines, Iowa metropolitan area. We are known for knowing our neighbors and enjoying a great quality of life! Our location produces high quality precooked egg patties as well as various French Toast products. Responsibilities
This position is responsible for executing sanitation related activities in specified areas of the facility. The primary focus will be on ensuring health safety and food safety from on a daily basis. This will be accomplished by understanding and applying GMP\'s, SSOP\'s, plant policies and procedures. All employees, customers and consumers benefit from the work of the sanitarian ensuring a safe product.
This position has the responsibility to comply with Safety work rules at all times as well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as a Core Value. Ensures that all policies, procedures and activities, related to Food Safety and Quality, are followed and complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process variability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Disassemble, clean, sanitize and reassemble production equipment along with cleaning and sanitizing the production work areas with the use of foamers and other sanitation equipment.
- Assist in setup and start of designated production equipment.
- Assist in clean out of place (COP) procedures.
- Complete the proper documentation required of the position.
- Assist in production jobs as needed.
- Work effectively with other team members.
- Assume personal responsibility to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks.
- Adhere to Quality work practices, follow all GMP\'s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety and quality.
- Ensure regulatory compliance at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Successful completion of yearly LOTO (Lock Out Tag Out) Training.
``` - Successful completion of yearly Chemical Training. - License to drive a forklift may be required. - Ability to learn and follow the correct cleaning procedures. - Ability to clean all parts and equipment and put them back together. - Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. - Ability to write simple correspondence in English.
*PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS: *
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10\'s and 100\'s.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American volume.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Michael Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic inf rmation, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or a physical or mental disability.