Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare-Iowa Clinic Receptionist in Oelwein, Iowa
Acts as a receptionist, greeting patients and visitors. Interviews and registers new and established patients. Schedules patients for appointments in the computer system. Performs all point of service collection activities which include co-pays, ROA's, self pay, and high risk accounts. Conducts charge posting and balancing of cash drawers. Incorporates customer service standards when interacting with the patients and/or public. Conducts insurance verification utilitzing MedeAnalytics. Acts as a collaborating member of the clinic medical home team and it highly committed to a team construct. Adheres to Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare's performance expectations and performs all defined services and other related duties in accordance with the mission of Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare.
Completion of Medical Secretary program preferred. Minimum of 1-year experience in a medical office setting preferred. Medical Secretary certification preferred.
- Intermediate language, basic math, intermediate reasoning ability.
- Personal computer.
- Ability to convey positive image and build positive relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate professionally and tactfully with staff, patients, and the public.
- Ability to articulate clinic policies and regulations.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to multi-task.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled