Pipestone System Purchaser in Orange City, Iowa
Objective:Purchases the best products at the best price while considering item cost, volume discounts, vendor contracts and programs, payment terms, freight, delivery time, historical demand, category seasonality, and product availability.Optimizes inventory levels while maintaining service levels.
- Generate purchase orders; select suppliers and issue purchase orders based on established reorder points and quantity/cost analysis.
- Manage material costs; perform cost comparisons and identify cost saving opportunities. Participate in cost savings initiatives.
- Develop and maintain professional business relationships with suppliers, inter-company teammates, and customers.
- Monitor and independently address market changes, shortages and when applicable, provide solutions and alternates.
- Constantly review stock levels for expected performance and make adjustments
- Setup and maintain new items in ERP system, including order points, order minimums, reorder quantities, lead times etc.
- Track and monitor status of open orders to ensure on time delivery and expedite orders as needed.
- Monitor supplier performance and address non-conformances.
- Accurately and independently, prepare reports and analyses as requested.
- Change pricing and price levels as directed.
- Reconcile inventory cycle counts.
- Assist with inventory control through adherence to existing processes and the development of improvements to these processes.
- Help with other aspects of inventory and purchasing as needed.
- Understanding and adherence to Bio-security rules and requirements
- Miscellaneous projects/tasks as assigned.
Education:Two year degree or higher preferred in one of the following areas: business administration, business management, accounting or supply chain management.
Experience:Prior inventory, purchasing or accounting experience preferred.Understanding or exposure to livestock or animal health industry is a plus.Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
Training:Safety Orientation Video
Annual Safety Training
Sexual Harassment Orientation Video
* Environment:* High paced, high energy atmosphere.
High work ethic and immense pride in getting the job done
Friendly, energetic atmosphere with great team unity
* Requirements:* Ability to sit for 8-10 hours per day, each day of the week.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Ability to attend and participate in meetings of various lengths
Requirements:Must have valid drivers license and reliable transportation to get to work and attend meetings
ALL ADDRESSES: Orange City, IA
Job Title: Purchaser
Location: PVC of Orange City-10203
Req Num: 20-568