ATLANTIC COCA-COLA BOTTLING CO Field Service Technician in Ottumwa, Iowa
Ottumwa Branch - Ottumwa, IA
Overview/Function: The Service Technician is responsible for customer site equipment installations, repairs, and troubleshooting to ensure maximum equipment efficiency and to minimize downtime and customer inconvenience.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain machines equipment.
- Install equipment at customer sites, perform scheduled maintenance and repairs, and provide emergency/unscheduled repairs.
- Quickly diagnose and troubleshoot routine problems and non-routine equipment failures, replace or repair parts, test, and make adjustments.
- Read and interpret equipment service manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Follow all safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work area. Ensure safety for themselves and customers.
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) for department.
- Ensure professional contact with customers, and maintain a clean and neat appearance at all times in order to favorably represent the company and iconic Coca-Cola brand image.
- Ethical conduct is expected at all times.
- Other duties as required.
Experience and Qualifications:
- High school diploma/GED. Completion of a craft apprenticeship is ideal.
- A valid drivers license is required.
- Strong mechanical and technical capacity.
- Previous maintenance experience and/or small motor maintenance experience helpful.
- Ability to troubleshoot and quickly resolve problems within assigned timeline.
- Ability to disassemble and reassemble.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow service directions and work orders; follow all standard operating procedures and safety requirements/protocols.
- Good verbal and pleasant communication skills to interact with customers. Provide professional contact and appearance with customers which upholds Atlantic Bottlings brand image.
- Strong problem resolution and analytical thinking skills.
- Customer-focused and an excellent team-player.
- Ability to analyze and effectively solve complex problems, while dealing with stressful situations.
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to varying situations.
- Some computer experience is helpful.
- The role will travel to various customer sites; each environment will differ as a result.
- This position is very active and requires regular manual finger, hand, and arm dexterity, and to potentially work around cramped and tight spaces. Standing, walking, twisting, grasping, reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, sitting, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day will be required. The employee may frequently lift and/or move items over 55 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The role is considered a safety sensitive position.
- They will need to interact with customers. The ability to climb stairs is also needed.
- Extensive day travel will be required with this role.
- This will mostly be a Monday-Friday role (8:00 am 5:00 pm) however some evening and weekend work may be required as emergency and un-scheduled repairs will be needed.
Note: No posting can contain a fully comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required in this role. Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company offers a dynamic, ever-changing environment requiring flexibility and a willing, team-based attitude. Some duties, responsibilities and act vities may change at any time, with or without notice.
To ensure the safety of our employees, our customers, and our products, Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company offers a drug-free workplace. Employees are subject to pre-employment/post-offer drug and random drug testing.