SUMMIT FIRE PROTECTION CO dba Summit Companies Fire Life Safety Technician in OTTUMWA, Iowa
Are you interested in working for the nation\'s leading fire protection company and beginning a rewarding and satisfying career that helps save the lives of thousands each year? Do you want to be a part of a growing and expanding team of industry experts? If so, exploring career opportunities with Summit Fire Protection may be right for you!
Summit Fire Protection, a subsidiary of SFP Holding, Inc. (Summit Companies), is a full-service provider for fire detection, suppression, and security with a full suite of capabilities that includes design, installation, testing, inspections, and maintenance. We serve customer across many verticals on a local, regional, and national scale. We\'re proud of our well-deserved reputation for quality work that\'s completed by our talented and experienced installation workforce. Summit Fire Protection is a dynamic organization with endless growth opportunities spanning over 25 locations in more than 8 states.
Our company is consistently recognized for service excellence in the fire protection industry. Summit Fire Protection supports trade skills and workforce development. Many members of our leadership chair NFPA code compliance committees, serve on regional safety boards, and support technical education in local schools. Summit Fire Protection supports employees in their professional development by offering continued development, training, and education by encouraging NICET and other career-advancing certifications. We continually strive to be the Employer of Choice for highly motivated team members who want to succeed in a high-growth environment. We encourage initiative, independence, diversity, and personal career growth.
Demonstrating the combination of experience, knowledge, and customer service is the key to our performance and helps us achieve our goal of providing the highest quality fire protection services possible to protect lives and property.
Summit Fire Protection offers extensive training opportunities, career advancement, competitive pay, bonus opportunities, along with an industry leading and affordable benefits package for eligible employees. Our benefits package includes:
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long-Term Disability - Employer Paid
- Short-Term Disability - Employer Paid
- Additional Voluntary Ancillary Benefits such as Accident and Hospital Indemnity
- Life Insurance for Team Members and Dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
Our Core Values
- We are PASSIONATE about life safety
- We have INTEGRITY (Do the right thing)
- We work in PARTNERSHIP with our customers and community
- We constantly strive for OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE (Do things right)
Summit Fire Protection participates in E-Verify and in alignment with our commitment to safety, we promote a drug-free workplace. Summit Fire and Security is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Summit Fire Protection, a member of Summit Companies, is a premier firm in the Fire Protection and Fire Life Safety industry. Providing services in Fire Alarm and Security, Fire Extinguisher, Fire Sprinkler, Hood Cleaning, Industrial and Rack areas throughout all building types. We offer our clients one solution to keep them compliant, prepared, and completely protected. Summit Fire Protection (SFP) provides services locally and has a vast presence across the U.S.
We are currently seeking Fire Life Safety Technicians to oin our team in Ottumwa, IA
The successful candidate will be dependable and capable of inspecting, servicing, and maintaining several types of Fire Protection Systems. Related experience is required.
- Perform installations, inspections, and service on a variety of types of fire detection including Fire Extinguishers, Emergency lighting, Wet Chemical Restaurant systems, Dry Chemical Industrial systems
- Seek out additional sales and service opportunities within existing customer locations, and advise the customer of compliance needs
- Develop long term relationships with customers and maintain customer retention
- Low voltage experience
- Mechanical ability and basic hand tool knowledge
- Work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Organizational skills are essential for success
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Have or ability to obtain required license in related trade
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.+, safely use of ladders, work overhead and work in tight spaces
- High school degree or equivalent
- Competitive Pay Structures
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- PTO Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Employer Paid Life, Accidental Death and Disability, Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurances
We are fully committed to equal opportunities for employment to all individuals regardless of race, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability, familial status, and any other classification protected under the law. We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applications will receive consideration of employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, familial status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.