VERMEER MANUFACTURING COMPANY Engineer II - Powertrain in PELLA, Iowa
Who We Are
Vermeer equips customers doing important work around the world. We are global, driven by innovation and growing. The equipment we make manages natural resources, connects people and feeds and fuels communities. We live out a caring culture, we demonstrate agility, we keep a focus on customers and are stewards of our resources. These beliefs drive our culture, determine how we treat others and steer our business.
1 - First Shift
Are you the type of person motivated to build rapport, to generate influence and impact projects? In this role you will apply in-depth powertrain technical knowledge, product experience, and customer requirements to evaluate, design, build, and test solutions for complex power and driveline systems. We\'re looking for a dedicated team member to mentor engineers and promote shared learning through white papers, standards, and best practices.
What You\'ll Do
1. Evaluate, design, build and test solutions for complex diesel power, gas power, and driveline systems on industrial equipment.
2. Create concepts and prototypes for internal customers, and solicit feedback related to cost, manufacturability, and reliability.
3. Visit customers and dealers. Operate equipment in test environments, and in application, to understand customer requirements.
4. Attend continuing education in powertrain engineering.
5. Research powertrain industry technologies, intellectual property, and industrial equipment trends.
6. Lead discussions with powertrain vendors.
What We\'re Looking For
- Four-year college degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Agriculture or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of two years related experience.
- Or Masters of Science of Engineering or Masters of Engineering.
- Or two or four-year college degree with a minimum of seven years of related experience.
- Proficient in operating multiple power system analytic, data acquisition, and processing softwares including, but not limited to, engine diagnostic software, nCode Glyphworks, Dewesoft, ANSYS, and MathCAD.
- Ability to effectively organize and practice project management.
- Ability to create professional and error free white papers, standards and best practices used to share learnings.
- Demonstration of proficiency in DC electrical systems and basic understanding of control system theory and electrical systems.
- Demonstration of proficiency in open-loop hydraulic systems and basic understanding of hydraulic control theory and closed-loop hydraulic systems.
- Ability to calculate and evaluate using engineering skills including, but not limited to free-body diagrams, structural hand calcs, S-N curves, fan performances curves, thermodynamics, belt drive sizing, shaft and bearing sizing, single DOF isolator selection, and transmissibility curves.
- Ability to break engineering problems down using engineering first principles and root cause.
- Ability to operate simple mechanics tools such as wrenches, assembly hand tools, drill press, band saw and assembly power tools.
- Ability to operate a wide variety of mobile equipment.
Certification / Licensure
- Fundamental of Engineering Exam and PE preferred.
- Occasional travel is expected of this position.
HYBRID: Some of a team member\'s day-to-day work may be best done at a location other than a Vermeer campus. Discuss specific arrangements with your manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Vermeer Corporation, we believe in the value of your unique identity, background, and experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other status protected by the law. Applicants requiring a reasonable accom odation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions at (641) 621-8767 or at .
Interested? We\'d love to get to know you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.