MANPOWER Maintenance Tech in Pella, Iowa
Pella Corporation -Pella, Iowa -is looking for individuals interested in joining ourTechnical Tradesteam as aMaintenance Technicianon2nd.
Be part of a winning team that emphasizes professional growth and development. A window of opportunity is open for individuals seeking meaningful careers with a strong, people-focused company headquartered in the nation's heartland: Pella, Iowa!
At Pella, we're all about building great windows and doors, strong customer relationships, and the rewarding career you've always wanted. Pella Corporation is proud to be a privately held, professionally managed company.
Our team members are able to grow from cross-functional experiences, an abundance of development opportunities apply themselves in individual contributor roles or lead areas of the organization. We know you will find the right opportunity with Pella!
We are looking for individuals with the following skills and abilities:
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Maintenance Tech-3 team member will need to diagnose and repair all electrical and mechanical problems in the assigned area. The team member must have the flexibility to work in other areas of the Plant based on business necessity.
PELLA CORPORATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Pass drug screen
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Pass pre-work vision screen
- Pass pre-employment tests
All base level requirements must be met within two years upon position acceptance.
To reach a progression level you must demonstrate technical skills, leadership skills, and pass classes / certifications as identified by the progression review committee.
- Noise level requires hearing protection in designated areas
- Season high and low temperatures and humidity
- Confined Space
- Hazardous material handling
- Majority of work done in potentially hazardous environments - extreme caution required
- Work in a team environment with the ability to communicate in a concise, polite and respectful manner
- Comply with safety, quality, and production requirements and procedures
- Regular/dependable attendance required
- Flexibility of work hours including overtime
- Able to work with and around moving equipment/machines
- Troubleshoot and repair all electrical and mechanical problems plant wide
- Troubleshoot and repair sawdust collection, compressed air, steam boiler, and electrical distribution systems
- Utilize the CMMS program
- Perform scheduled job order work, preventative maintenance, and emergency repair
- Must maintain a PIV license
- Ability to rotate to other positions as needed
- Support and participate in Kaizen events and other activities
- Other duties may be assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Manufacturing related experience is preferred
- Previous Maintenance experience preferred
SKILLS AND TALENTS: (* skills are required prior to entry into the position)
- Able to work with minimal supervision*
- Excellent computer knowledge*
- Accuracy and attention to detail*
- Proficient mechanical and math aptitude*
- Flexibility to travel*
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Decision making/problem solving skills
- Time management
- Ability to work with internal and external customers
- Lift up to 100 lbs. at waist level and up to 70 lbs. at shoulder level up to an occasional basis when moving products
- Push or pull with up to 100 lbs. of force up to an occasional basis when moving products
- Generate up to 90 lbs. of grip strength up to an occasional basis with each hand while handling products
- Generate up to 15 lbs. of pinch strength up to an occasional basis with each hand while handling products
- Display average coordination with bot hands up to a continuous basis while performing job tasks
- Perform elevated work up to an occasional basis when handling products
- Stoop, kneel or squat up to an occasional basis when handling products
- Reach forward and to the side up to a frequent basis when handling products
- Stand up to a continuous basis and walk up to a frequent basis during the course of each shift
- Able to perform repetitive tasks up to 12 hours per day