ZIEGLER INC Field Service Technician in POSTVILLE, Iowa
Ziegler CAT has an opening for a full-time, experienced Field Service Technician to work on heavy diesel truck, construction, power generation and agricultural equipment. We are looking for a dedicated employee with excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills to help deliver top notch service as a mechanic to our rapidly growing customer base.
- Diagnoses and repairs Caterpillar equipment including compactors, excavators, loaders, dozers, and other heavy construction equipment, power generation as well as agricultural equipment including tractors, combines, balers, sprayers, tillage equipment, and planters in the area
- Responds to customer needs in a positive, supportive, and timely manner to ensure maximum value for work performed; a company truck is provided
- Using a high degree of independent judgment, assumes responsibility for the safe maintenance and repair of a variety of complex equipment and tools, which involve mechanical, hydraulic, gas, diesel, and electrical systems at branch or customer locations
- Maintains a clean and safe work area, adheres to all safety procedures; maintains a service vehicle in a clean and professional manner, and ensures the vehicle is always properly maintained
- Positively interacts with manager and team members to satisfy customer needs
- Provides assistance to all other levels of technicians as needed in regard to troubleshooting repairs
- Communicates job status with supervisor and communicates job is completed to receive the subsequent assignment.
- Maintains paperwork documentation of work performed (work orders) in a complete and timely manner on a daily/job basis
- Documents labor, addition of segments, assuring that work order can be closed and billed as communicated with the customer
- Willing to respond to after hour emergency calls as directed by supervisor
- Identifies and communicates the need for parts for inventory
- Performs other duties as assigned/required
- 2-year technical degree or high school diploma and several years of comparable mechanic experience
- 5+ years of relevant diesel equipment repair experience, preferably some field experience
- Knowledge of hydraulics, transmissions, undercarriage, track systems, components, electrical, and fuel systems;
- Previous experience with CAT equipment; Challenger tractors, combines or hay equipment; LEXION combines; AGCO RoGators, TerraGators, and SpraCoupes; Sunflower tillage equipment; or White Planters a plus but not required
- Possesses the ability to diagnose all equipment without supervision; is also able to read, follow, understand, and communicate schematics.
- Personal characteristics: Desire to provide outstanding, professional customer service, strong attention to detail, excellent problem solver, committed, and possesses written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain safe and clean work environment
- Willing and able to respond to after-hour emergency calls as directed by supervisor
- Basic computer skills
- Own mechanic tool set
- Clean driving record
- Class A CDL or willingness to obtain one within a defined period of time
- Able to operate equipment safely
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Push/pull up to 100 lbs
- Lift/carry up to 100 lbs
- Lift bulky objects
- Standing, walking, using hands, talking, hearing, neck rotation, trunk rotation, stair climbing, repetitive bending, kneeling, sustained squat, forward reaching, overhead reaching, reach and lift, ladder climb and carry, crawling.
- Working conditions may be indoor and/or outdoor. Noise level may be loud at times.
DOT driving requirements:
Applicants must be able to obtain valid Class A CDL, obtain a D T medical certification card, and pass a DOT pre-employment drug screen and physical.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Ziegler Inc. will reasonably accommodate the known disabilities of qualified disabled individuals.
Ziegler Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color or creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, protected veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission dealing with discrimination, or any other protected class status.
For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights and protections, click here and here.
For information about your Family and Medical Leave Act rights, click here, and for information about the Employee Polygraph Protection Act, click here.
For information about Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
Ziegler Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.