Kiewit Corporation Fire Sprinkler Design Intern - Continental Fire Sprinkler Company in Quad Cities, Iowa
Fire Sprinkler Design Intern - Continental Fire Sprinkler Company
Date: Sep 11, 2019
Location: Quad Cities, IA, US
Requisition ID: 81943
Continental Fire Sprinkler Company is a full-service fire suppression company that designs, installs, services and inspects fire protection systems. Our headquarters are in Omaha, NE, with area offices in Davenport, IA; Des Moines, IA; and Glen Burnie, MD. We pride ourselves on developing top-notch people into the managers and leaders of the future. Our success is evidenced by the number of successful, long-term Continental employees. We commit extensive resources to training and developing our people through formal programs and hands-on experience. Our experienced personnel, use of innovative technology and genuine dedication to customer service has established us as a trusted source for fire protection services.
This position is based out of our Quad Cities Area Office and surrounding projects in Iowa.
You will assist the Design Department with multiple tasks including but not limited to:
• revising shop drawings
• making test papers and preparing job packets
• preparing CAD backgrounds
As a Design intern you may manage and design projects as assigned with supervision by the Area Design Manager or Contract Design Manager.
Successful candidates must:
• Be available for part-time work during the school year and full-time work during the Summer of 2020
• Be pursuing a degree in Engineering, Fire Protection Engineering, Construction Management, or related degree strongly preferred (Associates degree also considered)
• Have knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Have a strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Have experience in AutoCAD
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Intern, Engineer, CAD, Drafting, AutoCAD, Entry Level, Engineering
- Kiewit Corporation Jobs