Kent Nutrition Group PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - NIGHT SHIFT - PRODU001906-00001 in Sheldon, Iowa
Looking to join a four-time US Best Managed Company? Kent Nutrition Group (KNG), a member of the
KENT Corporation family of companies has an exciting opportunity to join their team as a Night Shift Production Supervisor at the Sheldon, IA plant! The Production Supervisor is directly responsible for planning, organizing, motivating and directing all third shift production employees. Production Supervisor is also responsible for the overall appearance and upkeep of the facility.
This opportunity offers an excellent benefits package and has a schedule of 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
PRIMARY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report any factors that may influence the quality and safety of the finished feed and ingredients to the Plant Manager.
- Participate with the HACCP Feed and Food Safety Team.
- Supervise and assist on training all production personnel.
- Coordinate planning production activities with the Production Superintendent.
- Recommend to the Plant Manager changes to the feed plant or personnel to increase quality or efficiency.
- Assist the Plant Manager in all areas of plant operations as needed.
EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of OSHA safety requirements.
- Good communication skills.
- Good supervisory skills.
- Understanding of feed manufacturing and willingness to learn and grow.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Understanding of feed mill equipment and layout.
- Thorough understanding of cGMPs.
- Knowledge of HACCP Feed and Food Safety Plan.
- Knowledge of FSMA.
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 55lbs from floor to working height as job requires.
- Bachelors degree in related field or experience in feed manufacturing.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity