Lincoln Journal Star Circulation Delivery Assistant in Sioux City, Iowa
Position at Sioux City Journal
The Sioux City Journal is looking for a part-time Circulation Assistant District Manager to provide support to our district manager team to achieve distribution and service objectives. Position includes early morning and weekend hours and averages approx 30-35 hours/week.
- Expedite distribution of products among independent contractors for home delivery and single copy sales. Count and prepare products to ensure efficient product distribution to independent contractors in accurate quantity and delivery instructions.
- Assist district manager in communication with independent contractors pertaining to service issues. Provide feedback and alert district manager regarding outcomes of contractor interactions, delayed production, or contract fulfillment concerns.
- Assist with the delivery of products, confirm and inspect product delivery, install or replace delivery receptacles, and investigate distribution concerns.
- Visit single copy distribution locations to confirm product placement. Collect and document unsold copies, collect coins or repair vending boxes, if applicable.
- Computer skills are necessary to communicate by email, access and print subscriber lists, and access subscriber information in our databases.
- Written and verbal skills resulting in effective communication internal and external customers.
- High school education or GED
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Reliable vehicle and current automobile insurance. Mileage reimbursement is available if personal vehicle is needed for work assignments.
- Physical requirements include standing and walking. Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds. Must be able to carry 25-50 pounds for short periods of time.
All applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background check prior to commencing employment.
The Sioux City Journal is a Drug-Free Employer.
The Sioux City Journal (http://siouxcityjournal.com) and Lee Enterprises, Inc. (www.lee.net) are Equal Opportunity Employers.