MDU Resources Group Maintenance / Terminal Operator in Sioux City, Iowa
- Provide a leadership role in assuring that work performed is done in a safe and environmentally conscious manner. Proper personal protective equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times. Report all safety and environmental concerns to the safety and terminal supervisor(s).
- In coordination with the daily production and maintenance schedules, perform tasks as scheduled in a safe and efficient manner while following all Jebro and Knife River guidelines.
- Monitor and record fuel consumption and controlled temperatures on all heating systems. Compare previous readings and report deviations to plans to the terminal supervisor(s).
- Perform daily quality control sampling and testing on an "as needed" basis and in accordance with the Jebro Quality Control Program.
- Perform duties involving preparation of shipments, bills of lading, and blender operations. Oversee the receipt and shipment of materials to insure proper count, weight, and identification. For materials received, responsible for the accuracy, timely input, and maintenance of daily tank sheets.
- Advise terminal supervisor(s) and/or maintenance supervisor of “dead”, obsolete, or shortage of inventory and/or maintenance items to determine disposition.
- Gain a base knowledge of all products handled within the operations department. Included within this is the storage and shipping temperature ranges of products, compatibility of products, and the safety and environmental considerations of every product.
- Gain an understanding in the physical operation of the terminal. Including, but not limited to the location of all tanks, capacities of all tanks and pumps flows, operation of blending equipment, advanced maintenance and repair of pumps and valves, valve and material flow patterns from tank to tank and tanks to loading racks, valve and material flow patterns in both steam heating and hot oil heating system(s).
- Ensure that equipment, machinery and furnishings in all terminals are maintained in an organized, safe, and operable condition. Work closely with operations personnel and department managers to ensure that all maintenance and repairs are performed in a manner that is consistent with federal, state, local, and company guidelines.
- Conduct and/or delegate maintenance inspections. Provide a summary of maintenance recommendations to the appropriate departmental manager(s).
- Accept an “on call” role regarding assistance with repairs and/or trouble-shooting techniques at all terminals.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including a ‘fill-in’ role as a terminal operator when needed, for all locations.
- High school or GED degree.
- 2+ years mechanical/industrial experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain an acceptable driving record.
- Position requires "on-call" status and requires occasional travel, some travel with short notice.
- Position requires working outside in elements with ability to lift 40 lbs.
How To Apply
Jebro Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
If unable to apply online, mail application to: Jebro, Inc. 2303 Bridgeport Drive Sioux City, IA 51111
Company: Jebro Incorporated
Location: Sioux City, IA
Hiring Manager: Brian W Book
Closing Date: 12/27/2019 at 11:59pm CDT
Job Type: Full-Time