CDM Smith Payroll Specialist (Remote Options) in Sioux City, Iowa
CDM Smith is seeking an Intermediate Payroll Specialist to join our Corporate Payroll team. This individual processes the firm's payroll accurately and on time and performs basic to moderately complex payroll record reconciliations. Resolves inquiries from employees and escalates issues as required. Ensures all employee’s are taxed appropriately based on their worked/lived situation, including setting up new tax jurisdictions as the company grows into new areas. Work is performed under general supervision.
• Responsible for the execution of the firm's payroll, processing accurately and on time. Distributes and prepares payments, calculates overtime and shift payments. Monitors and processes employee time sheets by balancing employee hours and any accruals. Maintains payroll records accordingly to fulfill government compliance and reporting requirements.
• Performs basic to moderately complex payroll record reconciliations, including additions and changes to the payroll system (e.g., changes in salary, benefits, tax withholdings, etc.).
• Coordinates and processes any irregular payments (e.g., retro-active payments, tuition assistance, etc.). Processes manual paychecks as necessary.
• Responds to basic to moderately complex payroll inquiries by employees. Escalates more complex payroll inquiries as necessary.
• Recommends updates and enhancements to the design of the payroll system. Assists with monthly patch testing of payroll system updates, enhancements and bug fixes.
• Performs other duties as required.
Payroll Specialist (Remote Options)
• Associate’s degree.
• 2 years of related experience.
• Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification.
• ADP Workforce Now & Smart Compliance experience.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Good computer skills including knowledge of payroll systems (e.g., ADP) and demonstrated proficiency in MS Word and Excel (including pivot tables and vlookups).
• Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills with sense of urgency to quickly respond to company employees or outside vendors utilizing proper media (ServiceNow ticketing system, Yammer, personal email, etc).
• Ability to manage competing demands and priorities, along with the ability to work independently.
• Working knowledge of multi-state payroll tax rules and benefit impacts.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
All bonuses at CDM Smith are discretionary and may or may not apply to this position.
Work Location Options:
Fully Remote or Hybrid Work Options may be considered for successful candidate.
- CDM Smith Jobs