CDM Smith Senior Project Manager - Water Quality/Treatment in Sioux City, Iowa
CDM Smith currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager with previous experience managing Water Quality and/or Treatment design projects to join our North group municipal water & environmental practice. In this position, you will be the main point of contact for planning and design of drinking water, wastewater treatment, biosolids, PFAS, ozone, & lead pipeline (water quality) projects in the greater Northeast & Midwest regions and assist with business development activities. CDM Smith is one of the leaders in PFAS, lead pipeline, water quality and treatment projects throughout the country and we are looking for someone who can manage these large, complex, and technologically innovative projects in our North Region.
For more information about our Project Management roles, tools and culture, please visit this website https://bit.ly/2UC8V16.
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Managing and serving as the lead Project Manager on major Northeast and Midwest water quality and treatment projects.
• Providing technical guidance, senior leadership, and mentoring engineering staff to enhance our water services design capabilities.
• Being responsible for scope, schedule, budget development, monitoring and adherence for projects managed.
• Completing Quality Assurance/Quality Control of key deliverables and assisting on projects managed by others in the office.
• Assisting Client Service Leaders with technical marketing meeting clients in the Northeast and Midwest regions.
• Participation in professional societies relevant to the industry.
• Building and maintaining positive working relationships with key decision makers in our clients’ organizations.
Senior Project Manager - Water Quality/Treatment
• Bachelor's Degree.
• 13 years of related experience.
• PMP (PMI), CCM or DBIA certification is required (within 12 months of hire or promotion onto the Approved Project Manager list).
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Bachelor's degree in civil, environmental or chemical engineering or related discipline.
• Professional engineering (PE) license.
• Previous experience working on and managing projects for municipal drinking water, wastewater, ozone, biosolids, PFAS, lead pipeline clients.
• Previous experience managing multi-discipline project teams.
• Excellent communication, networking and team building skills.
• Previous experience working directly with clients.
• Master’s degree.
• Previous experience working and managing projects for municipal clients in, the greater Northeast and/or Midwest market.
• Previous business development experience including preparation of proposals and scopes of work and cost estimates for municipal clients.
• Project Management Institute PMP Certification
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
Midwest United States
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Experience working with project management methodology including budget development, project planning.
• Significant experience working with project management methodology including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices.
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Possesses deep knowledge of project goals, drivers, strategies, risks and opportunities.
• Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients.
• Ability to interact with many people, and process a large volume of requests as necessary.
• Excellent personal computer skills including expert knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
• Demonstrates superior organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.
- CDM Smith Jobs