C & B EQUIPMENT John Deere Self Propelled Forage Harvester Technician in SPENCER, Iowa
C and B Equipment, a progressive family-owned company that has grown over 30 years to include John Deere Ag, material handling and power sports locations, has an opening for a Self Propelled Forage Harvester Technician its John Deere dealership located in Storm Lake, IA. A Self Propelled Forage Harvester Technician performs advanced diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned Forage Harvester equipment.
A Self Propelled Forage Harvester Technician at C and B:
- Performs advanced diagnostics and repairs on forage harvester equipment.
- Has a flexible in season work schedule with ability to respond to after hours calls.
- Has forage crops general knowledge expertise.
- Is willing to teach and help other technicians develop into forage pro technicians.
- Participates in Service Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Prepares all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
- Accounts for all time on a time card and for all material used in performing assigned duties.
- Maintains current product knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools, and equipment.
- Loads and unloads equipment when requested.
- Promotes and sells the service department to customers including service work, inspections, and parts to increase customer safety and satisfaction.
- Delivers parts, run errands, etc. as needed.
- Mentors Service Technician Apprentices and junior Service Technicians.
- Maintains a professional appearance including a clean uniform, haircut, and good hygiene
- Reports to work on time, as scheduled.
- Follows all safety procedures and guidelines, and works in a safe manner.
- Competitive pay based on your experience
- Excellent benefits including - Medical, Dental, Vision, and Accident Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K with Company Match starting immediately, generous paternal leave for both moms and dads, and much more.
- Progressive Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays - starting at 3 weeks of PTO in the first year.
- Opportunities to grow - We love to promote within and have excellent training programs available to prepare you on-the-job and for your future with us.
- Make an impact - You will participate in our annual Community Impact Day where we give back to the communities where we work and live.
Apply now to learn more about this outstanding opportunity with C and B!
Associates of Diesel Technology (preferred) High School (required)
3 - 5 years: 3-5 years of silage chopper/forage harvester technician experience required (preferred) Varying in season work schedule with the ability to respond to after hours call (preferred) Forage crops general knowledge expertise (preferred) 3 years: Willing to teach and help other technicians develop into forage pro technicians. (preferred) 5 years: Demonstrated work experience of methods, materials, tools and techniques used in the repair of power / agricultural equipment. (required) Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems. (required) Ability to use computer and basic computer applications. (required) Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes. (required) Proficient oral and written communication skills. (required) Ability to lift at least 75 lbs occasionally. (required) Ability to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays as needed. (required)
Licenses and Certifications
Valid Drivers License (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor\'s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
CandB Operations is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer