Tyson Foods Wastewater Operator B 6 in Storm Lake, Iowa
A resume must be submitted with application to be eligible for consideration
This position is responsible for monitoring/operating/repairing the wastewater treatment system and includes all applicable sampling, testing, documentation required, routine maintenance, preventative maintenance, and repair during downtime situations. Team member is expected to provide timely, positive response/support as needed to production operations and maintenance department. This position is responsible for adjusting equipment before/after shift, change over entire line on product change, perform PM’s as required, take production sheet and calibrate equipment for scheduling, uncover machines, turn on all equipment and vice versa.
Activities may include, but are not limited to: collecting samples for analysis in accordance with EPA, state and/or health departments regulations; performing a variety of chemical analysis (both in and out of a laboratory setting); making system adjustments based on interpretation of results from chemical analysis; making educated decisions on maintaining regulatory compliance; completing computerized reports; compiling information and correctly completing monthly reports as required by permits, utilization of basic organizational skills, basic mechanical skills, proper communication of current operational status to upper management; maintaining operations logs; performing minor to major maintenance on equipment.
Must be able to bend, climb, twist, lift and able to work in all environments of our processing facility, must be able to pull, push or carry 50Lbs or more. Applicant will abide by GMP and SSOP, maintain 4 instances of attendance or less, adhere to all safety policies and perform other duties as necessary and as assigned by department lead and/or supervisor.
· Education: High School diploma or equivalent
· Experience: 1 + years Wastewater experience preferred.
· Computer Skills: Basic computer skills with knowledge in Word and Excel
· Communication Skills: Good interpersonal and communication skills are critical.
· Certification: Must successfully complete a storm water training program selected by site management within 45 days.
· Other Requirements: Successful candidate will be required to obtain levels of certificationand training up to Level A at this facility within 12 months. Any team member who failsto meet and maintain the minimum qualification levels as required by State regulations will be disqualified as MS-WWTO and offered the opportunity to bid out, be reassigned or terminated.
· Must be able to read and understand manuals, must have good math skills, execute and document work completed and have strong written and oral communications skills.
· Must be able to work 1st shift hours; Work schedule may vary and subject to change depending on business needs.
· Physical Requirements: Physically lifting of heavy objects (50-75 pounds), climbing and/or descending stairs or ladders, grounds keeping, painting, general housekeeping, working in unsanitary conditions, working with hazardous chemicals, obtaining/maintaining HAZ-MAT training.
All job offers are based on the conditions that the candidate can pass a urinalysis screening, which is part of a post-offer health assessment.
Travel: 1 to 2 trips per year. Supervisory Responsibilities: None
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
When completing a Tyson Foods employment application, be sure to complete all tasks listed on the candidate home page. If not, you will see a message that there are 1 or more task(s) that require attention. Applicants for hourly production positions must complete the task to provide additional information to be considered from employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here (https://www.tysonfoods.com/sites/default/files/2020-07/CCPA%20applicant%20notification.pdf) .
Our team members make the difference. If you are ready to grow your career with an industry leader and want to positively impact the team and community around you, then join us in helping us in raising expectations.Join us on the journey.
At Tyson, we are raising expectations for how much good people can do. Our Talent Strategy is to Attract, Grow, Reward and Retain the best talent, and we believe that our Culture is the connecting thread that drives that strategy!
We strive to be a talent magnet to establish a reputation for being a talent rich organization where team members can grow their career while growing the business.
We are a high performing organization where team members are rewarded (Pay, Benefits and Recognition) for their contributions, and given the opportunity to support and/or volunteer with programs that help Tyson make a lasting social impact in the communities where we live and work.
To learn more about our culture, please read Our Purpose (http://www.tysonfoods.com/who-we-are/our-story/purpose-values) .
Tyson Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are unable to apply for career opportunities through use of this site due to an impairment or disability, please contact (479) 290-5000 for further assistance.
- Tyson Foods Jobs