Green Plains Renewable Energy, Inc. Administrative Assistant in Superior, Iowa
Superior, IA, USA
Green Plains Inc. is a publicly traded, diversified commodity processing business with agribusiness, ethanol production, cattle feed lot operations, commodity marketing, and distribution services. We are a growth company and one of the leading producers of ethanol in the world. Through our adjacent businesses we are focused on the production of high-protein feed ingredients and export growth opportunities.
This position provides administrative support to the accounting, operations, procurement and marketing functions while performing the duties of receptionist.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Invoice daily shipments of inbound/outbound Commodities.
- Process receivers for Accounts Payable.
- Accounts Receivable – Application/collection of payments and new customer setup.
- Assist with State of Iowa (corn) document retention.
- Support and assist Senior Accountant with daily, weekly, monthly reports and tasks.
- Provides administrative support to the Plant Management, Corn Procurement and DDGS Marketer such as filing, sorting, and data entry.
- Processes, sorts and distributes both incoming and outgoing mail as well as other deliveries and outgoing shipments.
- May assist Grain Receiving by Weighing in grain and distiller trucks.
- Coordinates employee programs.
- Orders and keeps inventory of office supplies.
- Runs office errands and makes travel arrangements for both outgoing and incoming staff members.
- Answers phones and greets and directs visitors to the facility.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by management.
- Detail-oriented; proficiency for accuracy; dependable; positive attitude; team player
- Strong MS Office experience and proficiency with developing and using spreadsheets and/or databases.
- 2 years accounting/business degree or 3-5 years accounting experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task and take ownership of assigned projects
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- High school diploma or equivalency with some post-secondary education in the area of accounting or business administration preferred.
- One or more years experience in an administrative role in a fast paced environment.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job includes but is not limited to: frequent sitting, standing, frequent computer use, frequent telephone use, some lifting or moving up to 30 lbs.
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay: a generous benefit package including business casual work environment, health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting and company safe harbor matching. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Posted: July 16, 2020