Asphalt Materials Inc Local Truck Driver in Tama, Iowa
The Truck Driver reports to the Dispatcher or Logistics Manager to receive daily instructions. The Truck Driver can expect to fill any Truck Drivers position (Support Truck, Tanker Truck, Box Truck or any truck for which they are qualified). They may also be assigned to any other duties that would support the crew and that he or she may be qualified to perform.
- Transport equipment to and from job sites in a safe and timely manner
- Assist and supervise the loading of trailers with a priority on the safety of cargo, equipment, and the public.
- Maintain complete and accurate records such as, daily logs, fuel logs, fuel receipts, delivery documentation.
- Perform daily inspections of equipment, reporting concerns or problems immediately to mechanical staff and Logistics Manager
- Operate trucks and equipment in accordance with all DOT and FMCSA regulations and observe all laws and safety regulations
- Maintain assigned vehicles and/or equipment to a high standard of cleanliness
- Other duties as assigned by the Logistics Manager and Dispatcher
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must demonstrate strong teamwork skills
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written communication) with management, staff, and customers
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Safety is a priority for Asphalt Materials, applicant must be safety minded.
- Must have the ability to successfully interact with mobile tablets, Electronic Logs, and computers.
Experience, Education and Other Requirements
- Willingness and ability to travel and work overtime, when needed
- Must possess a Class A CDL (or be willing to obtain)
- Must have a tanker and hazmat endorsement.
- Per DOT and CDL rules and guidelines you must be 21+ and hold a valid Fed Med Card
- Must have history of safe driving record
- Must pass a criminal background check, obtain TWIC card, routine physical and drug screen
- Must be able to lift, push, pull up to 50 pounds. Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Must be able to climb, squat, reach, stoop, kneel.
Asphalt Materials is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits packages based on the candidate's education and experience.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.