CONVERGINT TECHNOLOGIES, LLC Electronic Service Technician - Cedar Rapids/Iowa City Area in Urbandale, Iowa
Convergint is looking for a full-time, enthusiastic, results driven and forward-thinking Electronic Security Service Technician to join our amazing culture. In this role, you will service and support existing customers by responding to service calls, carrying out Customer Support Programs and small projects business. As a Electronic Security Service Technician, you are a part of a dynamic team that allows you to grow as Convergint grows.
For information about how we use your personal information, please see our Colleague and Applicant Privacy Notice, available on convergint.com/careers.
Who You Are
You have a passion for providing world-class service to customers, colleagues and communities. You are a person of integrity with a commitment to growth, accountability and delivering results. You want to join an organization with a positive culture that embraces inclusion and allows everyone to be the best version of themselves at work and home. You want to grow with us and deliver results as an exceptional Electronic Security Service Technician.
Who We Are
With 20-years of proven growth and exceptional performance, our mission is to be our customer's best service provider. We realize the importance of diversity in achieving that goal. Our company was built upon a solid foundation of 10 Values and Beliefs which drive our unmatched culture, making us the #1 global, serviced-based systems integrator in the industry. We take great pride in protecting the lives and assets of our customers and their communities with the solutions we provide.
What You'll Do
- Convergint's greatest strength is our people! Every colleague is encouraged to participate in our Recruit Awesome People program, helping us grow Convergint by promoting our colleague-first culture and referring top talent to the Talent Acquisition Team and hiring managers.
- Acts as "our customer's best service provider" at all times thereby ensuring Convergint is the customer's first choice for service.
- Respond to routine and some non-routine customer service calls, scheduled maintenance calls; diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, replace defective parts and debug systems for routine problems; install projects as necessary.
- Use solid troubleshooting skills to isolate and fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Identifies and resolves problems for many types of service calls. Analyzes repair requirements and provides customer with appropriate solutions; completes necessary repairs and replacements as needed; exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Completes accurate and detailed service reports for customer and Convergint in a timely manner to allow for accurate invoicing and job cost tracking.
- May provide custom systems integrations, detailed systems upgrade planning and execution, systems audits and consultation, and/or database management and manipulation. May install, configure, and support a variety of network systems and equipment for assigned projects.
- Executes all service calls in accordance with Federal, State and local regulations as well as company health and safety policies and procedures. Uses solid troubleshooting skills to isolate and fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Communicates with and work with the other team members consistently to improve overall operations of the Convergint Technology Center, and company.
- Responsible for primarily performing preventative maintenance for installed systems that are typically less complex.
- Work closely with other specialists to cross-train on servicing existing customers by responding to service calls, carrying out Customer Support Programs and small projects business.
- Scope of work includes technical assistance, systems checkout of new and existing installations, troubleshooting and mainten nce and repair routines associated with installed Security and the installation of small or less complex projects.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
What You'll Need
- Exceptional customer focus and ability to work under pressure; ability to maintain awareness of, and seek to meet the needs and wants of the customer without being prompted.
- Solid technical skills and/or experience related to electronic security systems.
- Some programming skills and proven ability to troubleshoot problems and look for solutions.
- Must be a self-starter and work well with direct supervision.
- A valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to travel locally to jobsites on a regular basis.
Company Benefits and Perks
Convergint fosters a supportive, accessible, and inclusive environment in which individuals of different backgrounds and identities are able to realize their maximum potential within the company. We offer a variety of programs and exceptional benefits to all of our colleagues:
- Company Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Fun and Laughter Day Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plan
- Life insurance and Disability Plan
- Wellness Program
- 401K Matching Plan
- Colleague Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive salary and compensation plan
- Vehicle reimbursement plan
- Corporate Social Responsibility Day
- And much more...
Education: High School/GED or equivalent experience
Minimum Experience: 2-5 years servicing, integrating, and programming video, alarm and access control systems
Convergint is committed to a culture of Inclusion and Diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit our Convergint to learn more about the company and the exciting opportunities available.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Convergint Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to workforce diversity. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. We offer a smoke-free and drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen. All applications and