SUMMIT FIRE PROTECTION CO dba Summit Companies Fire Sprinkler/Construction Project Manager in Urbandale, Iowa
Are you interested in working for the nation's leading fire protection company and beginning a rewarding and satisfying career that helps save the lives of thousands each year? Do you want to be a part of a growing and expanding team of industry experts? If so, exploring career opportunities with Summit Fire Protection may be right for you!
Summit Fire Protection a member of Summit Companies is a premier firm in the Fire Protection and Fire Life Safety industry.
We are currently seeking a Fire Sprinkler Project Manager to join our team in Des Moines, Iowa (Urbandale).
Depending on the qualifications and experience of the candidate, there is a Potential Sign On Bonus of up to $2,500.
Project Managers plan and coordinate projects to meet the overall goals of the project and serve as the main contact with the contractor or owner.
- 5 years' experience in Construction Project Management
- Fire Sprinkler industry experience strongly preferred but not required.
- 3 years of professional computer skills.
- Successful experience in leading multiple projects, achieving goaled outcomes including profitability while communicating with onsite customers throughout.
- Elevated level of integrity and self-motivation.
- Excellent communication skills for internal and external customers, up and down chain of command; strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Well-developed financial analysis capabilities, ability to summarize data and analyze results.
- Efficient time management skills developed organizational skills and ability to prioritize initiatives and business goals.
- Takes initiative in seeking efficiencies of processes, follow-through on implementation.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Awareness and adherence of confidentiality requirements.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Primary job tasks and functions:
- Prepare budgets and proper job costing making appropriate changes due to change orders and/or project needs.
- Review shop drawings, contract drawings, specifications, and applicable standards to determine appropriate installation methods.
- Generate proposals for change orders, and as assigned.
- Determine labor requirements and preparing schedules, track changes.
- Order and track material, equipment, tools, and other necessary items based on design and/or contract needs.
- Review time for assigned projects and/or contracts to ensure alignment with project budget.
- Monitor overall progress of the project and preparing job records.
- Generate proposals for change orders, RFI's, ASI's and MCR's; communicate approved items into organizational system(s) and/or to designated representative for processing.
- Ensure employees follow all relevant safety standards and procedures, work environment in accordance with the SFP standards.
- Meet with AHJ's, contractors, owners, architects, and other design professionals on project progress.
- Perform a formal project review with the Fire Sprinkler Manager weekly, or as requested.
- Assist support staff and facilitate closeout documents to include OandMs and review as-built drawings for accuracy.
Summit Fire Protection, a subsidiary of SFP Holding, Inc. (Summit Companies), is a full-service provider for fire detection, suppression, and security with a full suite of capabilities that includes design, installation, testing, inspections, and maintenance. We serve customer across many verticals on a local, regional, and national scale. We're proud of our well-deserved reputation for quality work that's completed by our talented and experienced installation workforce. Summit Fire Protection is a dynamic organization with endless growth opportunities spanning over 25 locations in more than 8 states.
Our company is consistently recognized for service excellence in the fire protection industry. Summit Fire Protection supports trade skills and workforce development. Many members of our leadership chair NFPA code compliance committees, serve on regional safety boards, and support technical education in local schools. Summit Fire Protection supports employees in their professional development by offering continued development, training, and education by encouraging NICET and other career-advancing certifications. We continually strive to be the Employer of Choice for highly motivated team members who want to succeed in a high-growth environment. We encourage initiative, independence, diversity, and personal career growth.
Demonstrating the combination of experience, knowledge, and customer service is the key to our performance and helps us achieve our goal of providing the highest quality fire protection services possible to protect lives and property.
Summit Fire Protection offers extensive training opportunities, career advancement, competitive pay, bonus opportunities, along with an industry leading and affordable benefits package for eligible employees. Our benefits package includes:
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long-Term Disability - Employer Paid
- Short-Term Disability - Employer Paid
- Additional Voluntary Ancillary Benefits such as Accident and Hospital Indemnity
- Life Insurance for Team Members and Dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
Our Core Values
- We are PASSIONATE about life safety
- We have INTEGRITY (Do the right thing)
- We work in PARTNERSHIP with our customers and community
- We constantly strive for OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE (Do things right)
Summit Fire Protection participates in E-Verify and in alignment with our commitment to safety, we promote a drug-free workplace. Summit Fire Protection is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applications will receive consideration of employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, familial status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.