JEA Senior Living Maintenance Director in Urbandale, Iowa
Responsible for ensuring that the facility is safe, attractive and well maintained and operating within the facility maintenance budget.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Relevant work experience (2 plus years preferred).
- Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors and general public.
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
- Must have basic reporting and organizational skills.
- Must be capable of maintaining full time attendance.
Must meet all health requirements. Essential Functions:
Work closely with Administrator and Director of Operations to help evaluate and find solutions to routine maintenance needs.
- Provide information regarding maintenance to the Administrator and/or Director of Operations through weekly/monthly reports.
- Care for the routine maintenance needs of the facility and its residents as if they were your own home and family.
- Assist the Administrator with fire and life safety training and drills.
- Be extremely familiar with life safety and all operational systems in the facility.
- Respond to resident/Administrator/staff requests for maintenance through maintenance reports and log system.
- Ensure 24-hour repair/response time for all daily maintenance requests.
- Minor repairs.
- Facility must be mechanically sound, safe, and well maintained. Interiors must be neat, paint and wall coverings clean, sound and chip/scratch free. Maintenance Director will have a keen sense of detail with regard to these items. Patching, painting and repair will be a major part of the maintenance program as well as carpet/floor care and maintenance.
- Grounds, building exterior and interior, signage are maintained year-round. Beds and lawns will be weeded and trimmed. Season foliage is also part of exterior maintenance plan.