HENRY SCHEIN INC Manager, Regional Sales- Medical - Kansas City, Missouri in Urbandale, Iowa
Responsible for leading a team of field sales consultants towards achieving sales and profit goals for their respective region of the company through development and execution of sales strategies and programs. Develops sales strategies and executes programs that are necessary to achieve the sales and profit goals for the region of the company. Assists with the overall sales of the company and maintains company's gross profit initiatives. Reviews sales performance of the Field Sales Representatives. Oversees staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop sales programs. Interprets company policy to employees and enforces company policies and practices. Coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals. Interacts closely with various internal management to discuss issues that have potential impact on improving sales. Oversees all data analysis aimed at segmenting Henry Schein's products, customers, and selling channels.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES and ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Manages a regional sales force and related activities. Oversees staffing, training, and performance evaluations and develops and controls sales programs. Interprets company policy to employees and enforces company policy and practices. Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring work activities, such as preparation of records of expenditures, progress reports, etc. in order to inform senior management of current status and various sales activities. Submits reports of sales activity and maintains records. Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Develops sales strategies to cross sell unique products and services to customers of one or few business categories, (i.e., merchandise, parts and equipment, service) to multiple business categories. Promotes the company as a full service dealer to our Medical customers. Holds sales meetings and represents the company at trade association meetings to promote products and services.
- Coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals. Assigns sales territory to sales personnel. Ensures Sales Representatives keep informed of changes in territories that might affect product sales. Also works closely with manufacturers concerning quarterly sales and advertising promotions.
- Interacts closely with various internal department management, including Purchasing, Inventory Control, Operations, Finance, and Credit. Meets and communicates effectively on a regular basis to discuss issues that have potential impact on improving sales. May also work with Operations Management on efficiencies and product standardization to eliminate unprofitable items from inventory lines.
- Prepares monthly sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, risks and opportunities. Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, market potential, price schedules, and contracts. Responsible for annual forecasts on anticipated market sales. Develops sales campaigns to accommodate goals specified by the company. Responsible for data analysis aimed at segmenting Henry Schein's products, customers, and selling channels. Determines strategies, develops programs and tactics, and tracks program results.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
- In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Medical Industry and Prod ct.
- Familiarity of eCommerce and related order entry system.
- Ability to download reports and import files.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Progressive sales experience in the medical distribution industry, including at least three years in supervisory role, or the equivalent required.
Bachelor's degree or the equivalent preferred; Valid Driver's License with no prior suspensions or revocations.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: www.henryschein.com/careers
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.