UnityPoint Health Medical Administrative Assistant in Waterloo, Iowa
UnityPoint At Work
Medical Administrative Assistant
Monday-Friday 7:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.
Full Time Benefits
Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the Occ Health Clinic. Supports supervisor(s) and/or employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the health care concepts, practices and procedures. Able to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Commitment to our Team – We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Provides Administrative support to supervisor
· Greet staff members, patients and visitors providing courteous, caring and professional assistance.
· Answer the telephone, screen and route all incoming telephone calls to the appropriate staff member or take messages according to office policy and procedure.
· Anticipate needs of supervisor by preparing or gathering records, reports, correspondence or other specific information.
· Handle confidential matters concerning providers, staff and the organization.
· Provide administrative support including typing, composing and proofreading minutes of meetings, reports, records, memoranda and other related correspondence.
· Provide administrative support assisting with preparation of reports, graphs, presentation materials and statistical information.
· Schedule and distribute information for meetings (i.e., agenda, minutes, etc.).
· Order and maintain office supplies and equipment.
· File correspondence, records and reports maintaining an efficient and effective system for location of materials.
· Process incoming and outgoing mail.
· Handle a variety of matters involving contact with various providers, staff, medical committees, government agencies, and the public.
· Perform clerical work related to job responsibilities.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
· Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
· Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
· Monitor environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information (PHI).
· Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
· Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High school diploma
Associate degree in business or health administration.
Experience with Microsoft Office software applications.
Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Typing ability of 60 wpm.
Five years of administrative secretarial experience in health care preferred.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving and decision-making.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures
· Effective communication skills
· Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
· Ability to quickly build strong working relationships with a variety of people
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English
· Multicultural sensitivity
· Strong computer skills.
· Customer/patient focused
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2022-120971
Street: 3500 E Donald St
Name: 9210 UnityPoint Health at Work
Name: Occ Med- John Deere On-Site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: M-F 7:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org