Athene Agency IMO Contracting Team Lead in West Des Moines, Iowa
We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves against the best - and then we don't stop until we've set the bar even higher. We're ready to help you achieve more.
The Agency Services Team Lead will be called upon to provide work direction, primarily for the Agency Solutions Team, and occasionally for the Agency Contracting Team, to ensure all work is completed within time and quality service standards. The Team Lead will also monitor the ASA’s throughout the day and make adjustments as necessary to meet service levels.
Participates in operational aspects of the department to ensure service standards are being met. Includes, but not limited to weekly reports, monthly production and quality reviews. Also attends meetings or functions to provide input to projects or to serve as a technical resource.
• Serves as a technical resource for the team and internal customers. Works closely with IT to resolve production problems and/or enhancements to existing systems.
• Provides explanations and answers related to processes, regulations, etc. Provides information or explanations of Athene USA products and services.
• Prioritizes in a highly agile and fluid work environment
• Documents processes and appropriate information as needed.
• Formulates correspondence with customers through both verbal and written methods.
• Handles escalated calls and/or compiles file work in a professional manner.
• Assists and/or leads special projects within the department.
• Tracks and documents quality issues to identify process improvements and future training needs to improve the business and overall enhance the customer experience.
• The Team Lead will also be responsible for:o Setting priorities for the team o Adjusting work schedules relative to resource requirements and workload o Providing coaching and mentoring o Providing timely performance feedback; responsible for providing input into talking talent and performance discussions o Participates in interview process and discusses hiring recommendations with manager o Partners with manager to escalate performance concerns; documents the behaviors leading to potential termination o Providing staffing recommendations in support of workforce management o Enforcement of company policies and procedures o Delegating work and assigning responsibilities o Partnering with training group on development of training plans
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor's degree OR equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
Minimum of 3+ years of related professional experience required.
Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and work in a time intensive work environment.
Experience with life, annuities and/or financial services products required.
Intermediate to advanced experience in Microsoft Office Suite.
Experience in life and annuity systems such as DCM , Admin Server, etc.
Must be able to communicate effectively using verbal and written methods, while explaining complex concepts and processes to a diverse customer base.
Experience on project teams, preferably with experience leading small projects within a division is a plus, including monitoring metrics.
Proven leadership skills and ability to influence others.
Leadership experience in a Contact Center environment, preferred.
Drive. Discipline. Confidence. Focus. Commitment. Learn more about working at Athene (https://www.athene.com/about/usa-careers) .
Athene is a Military Friendly Employer! Learn more about how we support our Veterans (https://www.athene.com/our-veterans) .
Athene celebrates diversity, is committed to inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are driven to do more. More for our customers and the financial professionals who offer our products. If you are driven to do more and love the challenge of pursuing more, Athene is your kind of company. You will find we offer more than the basics to create a diverse, inclusive and dynamic work environment at our various locations.
Based on your location you will experience a unique blend of: • Benefits to meet individual needs including, but not limited to, a 401(k) plan with a company match, paid time off, paid holidays, job-related tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. • Career development opportunities including a Leadership Development Program, self-guided trainings and periodic Lunch & Learns. • Amenities that include "dress for your day" work attire, in house coffee bar, on-site café, ergonomic desks, game room area and on-site fitness facility. • Volunteer opportunities to give back to the community, company-sponsored volunteer events throughout the year, individual non-profit volunteer time that can earn grant money, and non-profit matching gift program.
Athene USA is also proud to be recognized for the following: • Best places to Work in Money Management by Pensions & Investments, 2020 • Iowa's Top Workplaces; since 2015 • Bermuda Top Ten Employer; 2019 • United Way of Central Iowa awards• Advocate & Volunteer; 2016 • S pirit of Central Iowa; 2017, 2019 • Game Changer; 2018 • Impact-Maker; 2018, 2020 • Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Awards • Patriot Award, 2018 • Pro Patria Award, 2019 • Seven Seals Award, 2019 • Military Friendly® Employer; since 2017 • Military Spouse Friendly® Employer; since 2017 • LGBTQ+ Friendly Employer by Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 2021 • Excellence in Education LOMA;10 plus years • Structured Retail Products (SRP) • Best Carrier Award; 2017 & 2018 • FIA of the Year; 2019
For more specific details for each location, please click here (https://www.athene.com/about/careers) .