Cardinal Health Senior Commercial Product Manager in West Des Moines, Iowa
Your safety is our top priority. We regularly consult with medical professionals on best practices in COVID-19 prevention to protect our employees. We train our employees on these best practices and regularly clean our sites in accordance with CDC guidelines. Please note: All individuals entering our facilities are required to complete a self-health check, wear a mask and follow all posted guidelines.
What Commercial Product Management contributes to Cardinal Health
As anOutcomesMTMCommercial Product Manager, you will be accountable for a portfolio of commercialproductsand ensuring they solve real-world customer problems. You will drive multiple elements of the product development lifecycle, from identifying and defining opportunities to socialization and execution of the new value proposition across business stakeholders, development teams, and customers.
- Gain a detailed understanding of all aspects of thecommercial productsyou manageincludingthedesign,market positioning,pricing structure,andvalue proposition
- Define and communicatea compelling vision for yourcommercial products
- Define and implement key measures for overallcommercial producthealth, communicate those measures regularly, and optimize based on results
- Be hands-on with internal and external stakeholders to build a deep understanding of how value is derived from ourcommercial products
- Collaborate with platform product managers in the following areas:
- Translating strategy and vision to shippable features
- Prioritizing your product backlog to the affected platform product teams—weighing risk, user/customer value, dependencies, and effort against business objectives
- Generating quantitative data to inform decisions
- Testing prototypes with customers, users, and other stakeholders
- Adapting and balancing technical constraints with stakeholder needs
- Breaking big ideas into small, achievable parts with clear goals and measures for success
- Continually update stakeholders on the commercial product development work as it unfolds—weighing costs and benefits with a focus on always delivering value
- Deliver ontimeline commitments where necessary
- Build trust and strong relationships at all levels
Desirable Qualities and Experience
- Be able to develop hypotheses that can be rigorously tested and confirmed/disproven
- Be able to assess a very complex and ambiguous environment, make sense of it, and communicate a path forward
- Seek the knowledge and expertise of others—team, stakeholders, users, customers—to better manage yourcommercial products
Adopt a team mentality; be willing to do what needs to be done regardless of title or role and grab a shovel to solve a problem
Be highly analytical and curious about data; use data-driven insights to improve yourcommercial products
- Adopt amentalityofcontinuouslearningthroughiterativefeedback from users/customersto evaluate your pathforward
- Have proven experience product managingor performing product management-like activitieswithin a B2BorB2B2C space
- Have experience developing and communicating compelling value propositions to earn stakeholder buy-in
- Have a balance of technical confidence and business experience within a complex industry
- 3+years practicing product management, product marketing, strategyorsimilaractivities
- A minimum BA/BS in a relevant field (e.g. Business, Marketing, Finance, Healthcare,etc) or equivalent real-world experience
An understanding of strategy, marketing, and finance principles.
Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Mature interpersonal skills to guide interactions with your partners in design, engineering, and other business functions like marketing, sales, client account management, and network account management.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 30%)
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs